1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

President Trump: The NEW one and only politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Moderator1, Nov 12, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. garrow

garrow Well-Known Member

MI6-pack

DanielSimpsonDay likes this.
  2. 3_Octave_Fart

3_Octave_Fart Well-Known Member

FileNotFound:

I think you're right, and don't have a good feeling about Georgia.

But it's a good problem to have when you have a better chance of winning Texas than Georgia or North Carolina.

FileNotFound likes this.
  3. Michael_ Gee

Michael_ Gee Well-Known Member

Polls in Georgia seem to swing back and forth between Biden +2 and Trump +2. So that's a tossup if anyplace is. By contrast, North Carolina polls have pretty consistently given Biden a 2 or 3 or occasionally 4 point lead. Best one I've seen for Trump is a tie. Again, that's anybody's game.

4. goalmouth

goalmouth Well-Known Member

Barr taking a page from Sessions' playbook; so Pompeo and Hillary's emails? LOL

FATUS is toast...with orange marmalade.

5. heyabbott

heyabbott Well-Known Member

6. Starman

Starman Well-Known Member

I dunno, a guy coated head to toe in shit-smelling foulness stumbling in out of the dark at ... I dunno, 3-5 am or so ... to bang on the door at a cheap hotel seems like a hell of a risk to take that somebody (ie the hotel clerk) would call the cops.

And somehow or other he'd have to get his hands on a car fairly fast. Unless those half dozen banks were located within a 800- yard radius, he'd have a hard time getting to them all before noon.

Now that I think about it a little more, my idea of Andy having a contact on the outside makes more sense. Maybe somebody Warden Norton had fucked over in a business deal? Andy would have known where the bodies were buried and who would have been pissed off? Maybe Fat Ass had relatives in the area?

The secret contact could have given Andy a place to clean up the morning of his escape, allowed him to "steal" a car to blow town, reported the car stolen a day later (by which time Andy would have been halfway across the country).
    "Randall Stevens" stops and ditches the car in Columbus, Ohio, buys another car for cash at a used car lot, and he's off for the border.

Of course, he'd have to set up another fake identity pretty fast because his Randall Stevens identity would have been blown as soon as it was discovered that Norton's money was gone.

He had to have some kind of contact or accomplice on the outside to work out burying the box for Red under the oak tree in Buxton under the volcanic rock.

Last edited: Oct 10, 2020
  7. Webster

Webster Well-Known Member

I would think that he arranged to rent a nearby place and/or deliver a change of clothes to a nearby address.

8. goalmouth

goalmouth Well-Known Member

How could Andy have visited a dozen banks that day without being caught? Even with the warden's complicity, totally implausible and no wonder the movie flopped at the box office.

That, and prison rape.

9. BTExpress

BTExpress Well-Known Member

That's probably the thing that pissed me off most. Those directions to Red were so vague there is no damn way he could have found the correct place.

10. Starman

He got to the banks early in the day before his escape had been widely reported. There's nothing unusual about a guy in a business suit walking into banks, and in 1967 they didn't have video cameras in every bank office.

Last edited: Oct 10, 2020
  11. Starman

Yeah, unless Red had been there himself. I suppose you could make up some story that Red had worked at the Buxton farm on one of Norton's "slave labor" crews and thus knew about the stone wall, etc etc.

12. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

Polling question - they only get the opinions of people who will pick up the phone from a number they are not familar with, right?

OscarMadison likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.