1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Muh Muh Muh My Corona (virus)

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Twirling Time, Jan 21, 2020.

1. Moderator1

Moderator1 Moderator Staff Member

Saw on the news last night The Roosevelt Hotel is closing. I love that place.

I spent a beautiful afternoon in Prospect Park yesterday. Lots of people in the huge, huge fields but all socially distanced and I didn't notice anyone without a mask. So that was good. But the Broadway thing, the knowledge that it really isn't getting better, all of it has me in a major funk.

Every year for the past several, my son and I have gone to a Capitals game the night before Thanksgiving. We talked yesterday morning about how that won't happen this year and it depressed us all over again. How long will it take before we can be inside a loud, rocking arena of any sort? Will it ever happen again?

HanSenSE, OscarMadison and maumann like this.
  2. Azrael

Azrael Well-Known Member

We'll get it all back, my friend. Different, for sure, but also the same. Hang in there.

SFIND, OscarMadison and maumann like this.
  3. Azrael

Azrael Well-Known Member

In the meantime, a thread about fucking Sweden.

Finland, Norway, Denmark all doing better.

SFIND and maumann like this.
  4. TigerVols

TigerVols Well-Known Member

5. qtlaw

qtlaw Well-Known Member

I underwent a surgery on Friday. The bravery of the medical workers cannot be overstated. They are amazing. The risks that they are undertaking is phenomenal. I teared up while in my bed. Fortunately all is good for me but damn they are heroes.

6. Azrael

Azrael Well-Known Member

OscarMadison likes this.
  7. Moderator1

Moderator1 Moderator Staff Member

8. The Big Ragu

The Big Ragu Moderator Staff Member

Yes, it is an excellent series.

That particular one? I felt numb reading it. I knew exactly where it was going from the start, and I wanted to feel for him and the ones who suffered losses. But I just felt numb.

9. Spartan Squad

Spartan Squad Well-Known Member

Now do the nonWhite House cases

tapintoamerica and maumann like this.
  10. micropolitan guy

micropolitan guy Well-Known Member

Nay, neigh, neigh.

maumann likes this.
  11. maumann

maumann Well-Known Member

The only question was whether it would stay fair or foul. It had home-run distance from the moment it left the bat.

Spartan Squad likes this.
  12. Michael_ Gee

Michael_ Gee Well-Known Member

An update: Son's wedding now rescheduled for August 27. I mean, now I gotta watch my habits to live long enough. To be serious, that's a one-year postponement on human happiness. And they wonder why maybe seniors are leaving Trump.

HanSenSE, OscarMadison and maumann like this.
Draft saved Draft deleted