1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

President Trump: The NEW one and only politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Moderator1, Nov 12, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. HanSenSE

HanSenSE Well-Known Member

I think, as the next generation becomes a greater part of the electorate, being in a gay relationship will lose some of the stigma it has with some older, more conservative voters. That will open the door wider not only for Buttigeig, but so many other gay candidates.

Last edited: Oct 12, 2020
  2. Pilot

Pilot Well-Known Member

Donald Trump has repeatedly been wrong about what country his father was born in. He thought Fredrick Douglass was alive.

I don’t want to hear any shit about “lost some off his fastball” is this fucking election.

2muchcoffeeman, garrow, Mngwa and 6 others like this.
  3. Songbird

Songbird Well-Known Member

Kamala into Bayou Kennedy ... theater of the highest order.

4. Michael_ Gee

Michael_ Gee Well-Known Member

Buttigeig's future isn't hurt so much by being gay as it is by being from Indiana. Any Democrat is a big underdog running for statewide office there. He should move to Chicago (an upgrade on South Bend) and be ready to make a Senate run when Durbin finally leaves the office.

garrow, I Should Coco and RickStain like this.
  5. RickStain

RickStain Well-Known Member

If I were a Republican senate campaign in a reddish state who was in trouble because of the way Trump is dragging down the ticket, I would be thinking hard about making the case that a Biden win is inevitable and I’m needed to help keep some balance in government. I think that could be persuasive in those areas.

6. Michael_ Gee

Michael_ Gee Well-Known Member

Tillis did that in a debate with Cunningham in North Carolina just a couple days ago.

RickStain likes this.
  7. HanSenSE

Maybe sportsjournalists.com/sec can help me on this one, but I see a scenario much like that of the final days of the scandalous administration of Tenn. Gov. Ray Blanton, who was issuing so many pardons before his term ended, the legislature found a way to swear in his successor, Lamar Alexander, three days early.

Neutral Corner likes this.
  8. swingline

swingline Well-Known Member

What the fuck is Kennedy talking about? And I'm not even talking about all the marbles in his mouth.

9. Starman

Starman Well-Known Member

Republicans have no intention of having the government work in any way, and will do everything possible to make sure it doesn't. That's their whole schtick.

10. Alma

Alma Well-Known Member

I think the election's functionally been decided, pal. I'm talking about the next four years.

11. HanSenSE

Trump didn't even know Babe Ruth started as a pitcher. What does he know about fastballs? As for fast balls, shall we defer to Stormy Daniels?

12. Starman

Starman Well-Known Member

He was too busy sorting out his draft offers from half the teams in MLB after his high school career in which he hit a thunderous .213.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.