1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

President Trump: The NEW one and only politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Moderator1, Nov 12, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. tapintoamerica

tapintoamerica Well-Known Member

Alabama, Louisiana, Missouri, Kansas and many others would welcome him as a victim. But I won’t breathe easily until I see Biden take the oath on Jan. 20. I’m still cautious.

OscarMadison and heyabbott like this.
  2. swingline

swingline Well-Known Member

Voting Day should be a thing and a national holiday, not just for presidential elections, but for Congress, too. Every two years.

3. doctorquant

doctorquant Well-Known Member

I'll be direct.

You're wrong.

4. Jerry-atric

Jerry-atric Well-Known Member

Perhaps there is some fear that people would not use a day off to vote, but rather for barbecues and pool parties.

A state should “take the plunge” and see what occurs. It would be interesting.

OscarMadison likes this.
  5. Webster

Webster Well-Known Member

It was the first day so I’m guessing the lines won’t be as bad going forward. If the GOP truly cared about voter fraud caused by mail in ballots, they would expand early voting. But they are just there to suppress turnout.

HanSenSE likes this.
  6. Michael_ Gee

Michael_ Gee Well-Known Member

If you hold the first day of early voting on a holiday that many (not all!) people have off, more people are going to show up to vote. First day of early voting in Mass. is Saturday. I expect long lines here, too.

7. Moderator1

Moderator1 Moderator Staff Member

ENOUGH with the other board and this stupid back and forth. Please don't be bringing posts from over there over here. They have their space, they can do what they want with it. This is not new, this goes back years and years and involves other "new" boards as well.

We're three weeks away from a pretty important election. I enjoy seeing what people think, even some of the people I allegedly don't like (or don't like their viewpoints). Wading through "fuck you no fuck YOU" posts is a major drag.

Appreciate it - carry on.

8. Splendid Splinter

Splendid Splinter Well-Known Member

9. Justin_Rice

Justin_Rice Well-Known Member

Apologies to you and doctorquant, whom I like, and I'm glad he posts here.

Moving on.

Jerry-atric and Moderator1 like this.
  10. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

I get really sick and tired by people who think voting doesn't matter. When corporations and other rich folk are sinking hundreds of thousands of dollars, when groups are working day and night to get you to vote, when countries are working hard to NOT get you to vote. When groups are filing lawsuits left and right to allow you or not allow you to vote - yeah it matters.

OscarMadison likes this.
  11. Hermes

Hermes Well-Known Member

Fine, I won’t share photos from the Schnauzers in Christmas Sweaters message board I’m a member of.

Y’all are the big losers here.

12. goalmouth

goalmouth Well-Known Member

The GOP devotion to combatting non-existent problems while ignoring real ones is unparalleled.

TowelWaver, HanSenSE, MTM and 2 others like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.