1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

President Trump: The NEW one and only politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Moderator1, Nov 12, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. doctorquant

doctorquant Well-Known Member

These were the quotes that drew me into this. Only one poster, @tapintoamerica , has copped to the problem with it (which, btw, that noted bastion of Trumpism the Washington Post pointed out several days ago). No other truth-seeker has bothered to actually address the objection, instead focusing on the objector.

2. Jake from State Farm

Jake from State Farm Well-Known Member

Every time I see Leahy it reminds me Bernie Sanders is Vermont’s JUNIOR senator

Liut and garrow like this.
  3. heyabbott

heyabbott Well-Known Member

Trump wouldn’t be caught dead in those states. Look where he’s bought properties, leveraged 100% LTV. Manhattan Palm Beach Beverly Hills Hudson Valley NY Caribbean. He’s always thought of himself as a coastal elite but he never fit in or was welcome. He’s always been a Shmata tradesman in a land of couture. The only place he’s never tried to fit in was the Hamptons. Even he knew it would have been embarrassing to be seen there, alone.

he’s Only welcome on his own golf courses in NY, NJ, Va and Fl.

Last edited: Oct 13, 2020
    OscarMadison likes this.
  4. TigerVols

TigerVols Well-Known Member

Edit: I'm removing my comment because I've since read Moddy's request and unlike the OP I can play by this board's rules.

5. DanielSimpsonDay

DanielSimpsonDay Well-Known Member

6. Michael_ Gee

Michael_ Gee Well-Known Member

I wouldn't call Feinstein's questions a "grilling." More like the microwave set on defrost. She, Grassley and Leahy are not helping the anti-term limits cause this morning.

Fred siegle likes this.
  7. Songbird

Songbird Well-Known Member

It's really fucking hard to slog thru Leahy. He's done. Put him on the farm with a remote control. Same with Grassley.

They're 167 years old.

Liut and Fred siegle like this.
  8. TigerVols

Bravo! Growing up splitting time between suburban and rural Middle Tennessee I saw the Confederate Battle Flag only at Stuckey's and Carnton Mansion; the former also sold coonskin hats, tomahawks and moccasins, while the latter remains one of the few places I personally believe the flag is OK to display in context.

OscarMadison likes this.
  9. TigerVols

POGTFO

HanSenSE and OscarMadison like this.
  10. Splendid Splinter

Splendid Splinter Well-Known Member

11. 3_Octave_Fart

3_Octave_Fart Well-Known Member

abbott-

Trump is going to create a television network as he was going to do after 2016. It's neato to think he will be held to account but he will remain the coarse drunk at the bar's end.

OscarMadison likes this.
  12. Michael_ Gee

Michael_ Gee Well-Known Member

Fox will crush him like a bug if he tries. Think of all the shit that network knows and has covered up for him. Faced with a threat to the bottom line, the Murdochs will discover their inner wokeness in record time.

I Should Coco and OscarMadison like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.