1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

President Trump: The NEW one and only politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Moderator1, Nov 12, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. heyabbott

heyabbott Well-Known Member

The essence of Roe is that the States’ interest in preserving life doesn’t vest greater than the mother’s decision until viability.

of greater constitutional Importance is where is the enumerated federal power to regulate abortion to the point of elimination?

can states, for example, decide that organ transplants violate someone’s first amendment rights to the point where the government will not support it? And be not supporting it, can states refuse to license a hospital if it performs organ transplants? Or uses medicine where fetal cell tissues were used in the development?

more like Sister Amy has argued, criminalize in vitro fertilization if any embryos are destroyed

2. Songbird

Songbird Well-Known Member

ACB is totally fucking engrossed with Whitehouse's presentation.

3. Songbird

4. DanielSimpsonDay

DanielSimpsonDay Well-Known Member

what is this dark money is it the allowance i give some of my children did you know i'm a mother mothers are in the constitution

5. Songbird

And then Ted Cruz steps up to the plate and starts hitting 'em over the fence. He's extremely talented.

6. Webster

Webster Well-Known Member

Unless you are paid to cover this, I’m not sure the point of watching. The GOP majority on the committee and then the Senate are voting for her. The Dems will vote against her on the basis of process. It’s not an advise and consent fact finding mission.

RickStain likes this.
  7. Songbird

Some of it is high theater.

8. qtlaw

qtlaw Well-Known Member

I’ll cop to my laziness; I watched video and I guess Barrett was explaining from a legal sense the differences between replacing Powell and replacing Scalia and NOT taking the position that doing so in an election year was wrong. Thanks DR for correcting me.

9. swingline

swingline Well-Known Member

Each, or combined?

10. swingline

swingline Well-Known Member

You’re new in this country, right?

11. 3_Octave_Fart

3_Octave_Fart Well-Known Member

I'm from all over, like Johnny Cash.

I believe cowards break if applied proper pressure.

12. lakefront

lakefront Well-Known Member

My -not doable- idea for that is there has to be a minimum percentage of votes cast for it to be a day off for the next election. We don't vote, we don't get a holiday.

swingline likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.