1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

President Trump: The NEW one and only politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Moderator1, Nov 12, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. heyabbott

heyabbott Well-Known Member

Would calling Catholics pedophiles be considered a hostile work environment

wicked likes this.
  2. Spartan Squad

Spartan Squad Well-Known Member

Ha! Seriously.

But in reality, the South wanted to count them in full so they could have more seats in the House. Today's Republicans would love to treat Blacks like cattle: The more you have the wealthier you are but you aren't going to let a cow vote or hold power.

3. garrow

garrow Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

2muchcoffeeman and Spartan Squad like this.
  4. Starman

Starman Well-Known Member

There are about 15 Catholic schools in the South Bend area. Yet Amy Coney Barrett, frequently described as a "devout Catholic," doesn't send her kids to any of them, but to the Shiite XXtian Trinity School.

5. heyabbott

Has she actually identified her religion?

6. Spartan Squad

Him notwithstanding :D:D:D:D

garrow likes this.
  7. Spartan Squad

Fucking brilliant.

garrow likes this.
  8. MileHigh

MileHigh Moderator Staff Member

Well, isn't it Election Day (first Tuesday after the first Monday of November) and not Election Six Weeks?

But I agree, no ballot numbers should be released until the polls are closed, including the number of votes already cast by party. It's been happening since early voting started, including here in Colorado. At what point do we start releasing vote counts ahead of Election Day?

9. Starman

Starman Well-Known Member

The "People of Praise" of which she's a member are nominally Catholic, but from all outside appearances are holy-roller fundamentalist Christian.

10. Michael_ Gee

Michael_ Gee Well-Known Member

The above are standard practice in the states that do it and only loom large now because of the pandemic fostering early voting. Important to note that in Florida in 2016, early voting info was all Clinton. She didn't win.

11. heyabbott

Are those the folks that believe homosexuality should be prosecuted as a crime? Anyone on the board not a heterosexual or related to a non heterosexual? You are consorting with a criminal, accord to Sister Amy

12. MileHigh

MileHigh Moderator Staff Member

Oh, I know it's standard practice. I just don't think it's necessary if we're trying to keep things on the up-and-up (insert laugh track). If you want to announce, "3 million ballots have been received," fine. But to break it down by party (and here in CO, by party and by county), eh, always has been something that didn't strike a nerve with me, just something I don't think is needed.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.