1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

President Trump: The NEW one and only politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Moderator1, Nov 12, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. BTExpress

BTExpress Well-Known Member

Maybe not. If the lines continue, it's bad. If it's one of those "first day, so everyone comes out" things, not so bad.

First day Chick-fil-A opens, long lines.
    First day new iPhone goes on sale, long lines.
    First day of in-person early voting . . .

We'll see what the next few days brings. That's my takeaway.

Last edited: Oct 14, 2020
  2. Starman

Starman Well-Known Member

3. 2muchcoffeeman

2muchcoffeeman Well-Known Member

Andy Stone works in PR at Facebook.

4. Neutral Corner

Neutral Corner Well-Known Member

The usual. Run up the debt while they're in power, then use the debt as the rationale for opposing anything the D's try to pass, while leaving the D's to clean up the fiscal mess they left behind. How many times have I seen this cycle?

OscarMadison likes this.
  5. Neutral Corner

When was the last time you stood in line two and a half hours for *anything*, BTE?

6. sgreenwell

sgreenwell Well-Known Member

I do think the optics for this are shitty for NBC - Force the fucker to do it on a Friday, or any other time slot opposite the already established one that his opponent has. It's another "Trump on The Tonight Show, so Fallon can tug his hair!" kind of thing.

That being said, at least to me, this has the potential to be a McCarthy-Army hearings or Custer's Last Stand moment for Trump. Savannah Guthrie as the moderator / host for a town hall event, in which Trump desperately needs to appeal to suburban white women, and coming a couple days after he was incredibly offensive at a rally in his attempt to do so? I don't think Guthrie is the second coming of Walter Cronkite, but after Trump's performance in the first debate and the "circle the drain" feeling his campaign currently has, I don't think its going to be a very warm environment for him either. I think this has the potential to go really, catastrophically bad for him.

7. HanSenSE

HanSenSE Well-Known Member

8. BTExpress

BTExpress Well-Known Member

Getting social security card, 2011.
    Immigration interview, 2009.***
    Filing for homestead exemption in Florida, 1997

***had a seat for that one, though

Just off the top of my head.

9. HC

HC Well-Known Member

Nah ... there are a number of charasmatic Catholics. My Mom was one (insert eye roll emoji).

10. Neutral Corner

Who else is going to show up at a super spreader event?

TowelWaver likes this.
  11. champ_kind

champ_kind Well-Known Member

Y'all, BTE was making fun of the white dude who complained about getting hungry after being in line for 30 minutes. It was not in any way unclear that that's what he was doing.

12. Splendid Splinter

Splendid Splinter Well-Known Member

garrow, HanSenSE and Neutral Corner like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.