1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

President Trump: The NEW one and only politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Moderator1, Nov 12, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. micropolitan guy

micropolitan guy Well-Known Member

“One thing with me, the nice part, I went through it, now they say I’m immune. … I feel so powerful. I’ll walk in there, I’ll kiss everyone in that audience. I’ll kiss the guys, and the beautiful women, and the — everybody. I’ll just give you a big fat kiss. And then grab them by the hoo-ha." ”

Fred siegle likes this.
  2. wicked

wicked Well-Known Member

Cue Starman for a Studio 54 joke.

3. Michael_ Gee

Michael_ Gee Well-Known Member

In Houston they have drive-thru voting. I wonder if you can get a frozen daiquiri instead of an "I voted" sticker.

TowelWaver, HanSenSE and Inky_Wretch like this.
  4. BTExpress

BTExpress Well-Known Member

Are there as many polling places open on the first day of early voting as on the actual election day?

My county has 33 early voting places and 243 election day voting places.

At $7.25/hr, getting poll workers (average age: 70) during a pandemic is hard enough for those 33 places.

Last edited: Oct 14, 2020
  5. Songbird

Songbird Well-Known Member

His intentions are pure but I fucking hate listening to Booker.

6. Michael_ Gee

Michael_ Gee Well-Known Member

In Lexington, Mass. there are nine precincts on Election Day and early voting is done at the town hall, which is actually more of a function venue (they have concerts and lectures there) with the actual offices in the building next door. So that's about the same ratio, but it is bigger than the normal polling places, which are mostly at elementary schools and junior highs.

7. Songbird

Some of the worst speakers I have ever fucking heard are Democrats on this committee.

Fred siegle likes this.
  8. Songbird

This breathy fucking panting by Booker is too fucking much.

9. heyabbott

heyabbott Well-Known Member

I don’t know it was satire. Or sarcasm. Or Irony. Sounds like he thinks integration and racial discrimination are jokes. And he knows he’ll get more votes for being a segregationist in South Carolina. It was a wink to his voters.

10. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

11. OscarMadison

OscarMadison Well-Known Member

I love baseball and my eyes started to glaze after what felt like ten minutes in. Did he ever actually ask a question?

Many years ago, Fox tried their hand at their own version of "The Daily Show." You know how Dwight Shrute's attempts at humor used to make you cringe? You get the idea of how bad it was.

Fred siegle and 3_Octave_Fart like this.
  12. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

Has anyone delved into the disconnect between actions like the Republican Party stuffing this nomination through and the lack of trust people have in our public institutions and the rule of law? Curious what a pending member of SCOTUS feels about the responsibilty to uphold people's faith in the criminal justice system.
    I don't have a problem with Barrett's credentials - I understand the root of federalism is for "states rights etc." whatever - but "originialism" has been such a dodge by conservatives of the court to justify rulings - figure Taney used it to justify Dred Scott.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.