1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

President Trump: The NEW one and only politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Moderator1, Nov 12, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Starman

Starman Well-Known Member

It certainly appears word has come down from the glass box towers at NBC that they have to do everything possible to tighten it up.

2. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

Would have been good if a Dem Senator just started reciting names of justices nominated and blocked by McConnell, Garland is most known, but if that isn't court-packing, skewing the judiciary - i don't know what is.

If/when the Dems take the Senate - I would love to see them require the body to take ACTIVE measures if they seek to block a nomination. The weasly filibuster, the blue slips, the failure to have hearings on nominees does as much to undermine Americans faith in our justice system - if not more - than a police officer with his knee on the neck of a suspect.

swingline likes this.
  3. 2muchcoffeeman

2muchcoffeeman Well-Known Member

I’m certain of two.

bumpy mcgee likes this.
  4. garrow

garrow Well-Known Member

Let's not forget--in light of Trump's incredible domestic failures/corruption--his foreign policy has been disastrous.

5. goalmouth

goalmouth Well-Known Member

Not the GOP! You could have knocked me over with a voting booth!

6. micropolitan guy

micropolitan guy Well-Known Member

7. tapintoamerica

tapintoamerica Well-Known Member

Wait. I thought there was a Libruhl Media Bias.

8. heyabbott

heyabbott Well-Known Member

the media is liberal about how many zero’s on their bottom line.
    Oh, and fuck Mark Burnett and every member of his family with a rusty chain saw

OscarMadison and wicked like this.
  9. Della9250

Della9250 Well-Known Member

She pulled the same shit on peaceful transition of power: “Well, Senator,” she said, “that seems to me to be pulling me in a little bit into this question of whether the president has said that he would not peacefully leave office, and so to the extent this is a political controversy right now, as a judge I want to stay out of it.”

Answers like that should be disqualifying. Just about everything that reaches the Supreme Court is a political controversy or policy debate. And Booker didn't ask about Trump, he asked if presidents should commit to a peaceful transfer of power.

TowelWaver, OscarMadison and garrow like this.
  10. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

The correct response is "At 12:01 p.m. on Jan. 20th, an outgoing President is no longer President and has no authority. Period, end of story."

lakefront and OscarMadison like this.
  11. 3_Octave_Fart

3_Octave_Fart Well-Known Member

This is the part of the election season when the serious people in the party are out on television trying to bring it home. Eric Trump has been on TV the last two days.

12. garrow

garrow Well-Known Member

All lies. All the time.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.