1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

President Trump: The NEW one and only politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Moderator1, Nov 12, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. goalmouth

goalmouth Well-Known Member

Fucking fucktard FATUS Farewell Tour going great. Stupid Qunt.

2. Hermes

Hermes Well-Known Member

Pepper in a couple Stringer Bell quotes and that’s a column at Whitlock’s new vertical he’ll get around to staffing in 2027.

DanielSimpsonDay likes this.
  3. Alma

Alma Well-Known Member

Thomas has been on the court 30 years, man. He’s there and so it goes.

I’ll grant you Alito.

The chief supposedly conservative justice has delivered on ACA and gay marriage.

4. Woody Long

Woody Long Well-Known Member

That doesn't make him an activist.

lakefront likes this.
  5. RickStain

RickStain Well-Known Member

Only in the sense that we live in an age where any idiot can argue anything with actual experts and it looks like a debate.

TowelWaver likes this.
  6. heyabbott

heyabbott Well-Known Member

She’s nominated by trump by McConnell’s direction and supported by a Cruz and Graham. She could say pedophilia is God’s gift to children and be sworn in. The nomination was legal and the vote tomorrow would be legal. Elections have consequences. Naming federal
    Judges is one of them. Let her be honest. She’s a hard right Christian extremist. McConnell has taught us all a lesson, if you can do it, fuck you.

7. Alma

Alma Well-Known Member

I know you’re the joke man on here, but, sincerely: Wouldn’t it be better, in theory, for Congress to actually pass laws, or for American state houses to get constitutional amendments through, then to hope the right 9/11/13/15 people can legislate from the bench?

I mean, I’m for universal health care. Let’s do it. But let’s pass that law. Not keep the weird piecemeal ACA. Let’s do single payer, the Canadian system. Let’s prioritize that. Let’s compromise in other places, on other legislation, to get that. Let’s give ACB or whoever less to do.

8. Alma

Alma Well-Known Member

I didn’t say it did. In fact, I agree with the gay marriage ruling. (The ACA ruling, too, in a sense, tho it’s not great policy at this point.)

9. micropolitan guy

micropolitan guy Well-Known Member

Name me more than one case where they have been on the "left."

"Activist" judges changed the law on Shelby. "Activist" judges will change the law on Wade and the ACA. Name me one case where Thomas, Alito and Kavanaugh have been anything but reliable GOP lapdogs.

Roberts actually acknowledging that the 14th Amendment's equal-protection clause applies to everyone is hardly radical thinking.

Keep regurgitating those GOP talking points

Last edited: Oct 14, 2020
  10. wicked

wicked Well-Known Member

11. hondo

hondo Well-Known Member

The good news about Trump’s rallies is they could well be super spreaders and many of the people who went will be too sick to vote. He might be a one-man voter suppression method.

lakefront and HanSenSE like this.
  12. Alma

Alma Well-Known Member

Do we have a body of SCOTUS work from Kavanaugh to sufficiently judge?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.