1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Muh Muh Muh My Corona (virus)

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Twirling Time, Jan 21, 2020.

1. Spartan Squad

Spartan Squad Well-Known Member

Mngwa likes this.
  2. Alma

Alma Well-Known Member

To be clear, I'm not a coronavirus scoreboard watcher. I think this is a really hard thing to navigate, there aren't a ton of great solutions, and folks all around should have grace.

The point is, Europe's gonna spike again. A lot of places will, including perhaps China, although we won't know what China does because China lies. The point is the United States isn't alone in imperfection, even if a lot of people seem to think it is.

3. SoloFlyer

SoloFlyer Well-Known Member

No, the US isn't alone.

But at least Europe got a little respite from this scourge rather than the nonstop bludgeoning we've had.

SFIND, OscarMadison and Inky_Wretch like this.
  4. Azrael

Azrael Well-Known Member

5. Azrael

Azrael Well-Known Member

6. Hermes

Hermes Well-Known Member

Getting the house foreclosed on to own the libs.

7. Jerry-atric

Jerry-atric Well-Known Member

But this is why a leader - in this case, “Drumpf” - cannot build up so much “bad will” during the good times. Americans do not trust him and are not inclined to extend to him the benefit of the “doubt” regarding “COVID 19.”

8. Azrael

Azrael Well-Known Member

9. Junkie

Junkie Well-Known Member

10. Alma

Alma Well-Known Member

This is accurate in the sense that different parts of the US have been hit at different times. It is not accurate in the sense that all parts of the US have been hit at all times in the same way.

This nation is vast. It was never going to have the same experience as specific nations in Europe. Or the pet favorite nation of progressives, New Zealand.

The comparable nations to the US experience in terms of nation size and population would be China, Russia, Brazil and India (sort of). India has done better, Brazil has done worse, Russia’s data is hard to trust and China is lying and also a dictatorship that locked people in their own homes.

11. Alma

Alma Well-Known Member

There isn’t. It’s sad there, it’s sad here. I’m just aware of how Europe’s “success” or any nation’s “success” has been used as a rhetorical cudgel for how bad the US is. Truth be told it’s bad almost everywhere. Pandemics are an awful thing.

12. Junkie

Junkie Well-Known Member

It seemed like you were reveling in it a bit.

Last edited: Oct 15, 2020
Draft saved Draft deleted