1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

President Trump: The NEW one and only politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Moderator1, Nov 12, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. TigerVols

TigerVols Well-Known Member

Thank you for posting and bringing some clarity to the COVID conversation, no matter how painful it is.

No words can express the sorrow most Americans feel for you and your family and the 217,000+ other families who have experienced your tragedy...we can only hope that by you and others making these revelations, it will help us put an end to this pandemic at some point sooner rather than later.

2. ChrisLong

ChrisLong Well-Known Member

In a discussion with a friend, we discovered we both liked McCain. I saw an interview with McCain 3 years before he even committed to run for president and I thought that was someone I could get behind if he ran. If the party hadn't forced Palin on him, nobody would have heard of Obama.
    So, in this discussion, the friend said she really liked McCain "but too bad he turned into a traitor to his party." I was stunned. I tried to keep it civil. I said that I vote for people, not parties. And then I couldn't hold back anymore. I said he didn't turn into a traitor to his party, his party turned into a traitor to him. They forced Palin on him and now they've forced Trump on us. Who are the traitors in this scenario?

gingerbread likes this.
  3. ChrisLong

ChrisLong Well-Known Member

Is your dad Joe Hardy?

vicd likes this.
  4. TigerVols

Obama was ahead of McCain pretty much from the get go -- well before Palin was added to the ticket on Aug. 29.

Gallup Daily: Election 2008

Donny in his element likes this.
  5. TigerVols

I fully expect Trump to shit the bed (once again) so epically that we'll all* be thanking NBC for airing it.

*RTE and Quant excluded.

OscarMadison likes this.
  6. Deskgrunt50

Deskgrunt50 Well-Known Member

McCain was definitely not a traitor not his party. And a decent man for sure. But can’t agree that Palin is what totally sunk him in 2008.

She’s awful, but with the financial meltdown, Great Recession and 8 years of Bush, Obama was always going to win that election. Maybe short of Reanimated Reagan being McCain’s running mate.

Sometimes I wonder what might have been different if McCain had won the GOP nomination instead of Bush (guided by Turd Blossom Rove) in 2000.

gingerbread, maumann, garrow and 2 others like this.
  7. TowelWaver

TowelWaver Well-Known Member

The Bill of Rights isn't originalist enough.

8. champ_kind

champ_kind Well-Known Member

McCain also had recently said he didn't understand the economy then was running for president as the economy collapsed.

9. 3_Octave_Fart

3_Octave_Fart Well-Known Member

This is the Supreme Court, not Make-A-Wish.

10. goalmouth

goalmouth Well-Known Member

What a shame she got better. Back to spreading her legs for abusive men!

heyabbott likes this.
  11. Baron Scicluna

Baron Scicluna Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

12. heyabbott

heyabbott Well-Known Member

The left has drifted so far to the right you can confuse Biden with Eisenhower and Nixon

OscarMadison likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.