1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

President Trump: The NEW one and only politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Moderator1, Nov 12, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. garrow

garrow Well-Known Member

My pride? Kelly O'Donnell's? Who knows? We'll see what happens.

2. wicked

wicked Well-Known Member

3. Deskgrunt50

Deskgrunt50 Well-Known Member

You have policy differences. Probably best to leave it at that. We disagree on policy but that’s ok.

Biden is fine. Certainly no great orator. But he’s proven he’s fit for office despite every effort to highlight is “gaffes.”

Comparing Biden’s demeanor to Trump’s screeching, whining, insulting and constant lying?

That’s a Biden win. Every time.

gingerbread likes this.
  4. micropolitan guy

micropolitan guy Well-Known Member

Biden hasn't said anything even remotely as stupid as Trump's "herd mentality" answer this week, which even as monumentally stupid as that is registers pretty low on the List of Donald Trump's Stupid Remarks in the last six months.

5. RickStain

RickStain Well-Known Member

I propose we treat middle eastern terrorism by a plan of reaching effective immunity by letting them bomb so many buildings that there aren't enough left to make for worthwhile targets.

6. Batman

Batman Well-Known Member

I really was trying to offer some unbiased analysis there -- that Trump's best chance is probably a major Biden screw-up, that Biden has some often-overlooked personality traits that could lead to that in the right setting, and that Trump was making a big mistake not giving Biden the chance to step on his own foot.
    I wasn't trying to argue policy, or compare him to Trump at all. Not really sure where everybody got that from in those posts. I was actually criticizing Trump's strategy and personality.

7. Starman

Starman Well-Known Member

8. FileNotFound

FileNotFound Well-Known Member

From my seat in the foothills of the Blue Ridge, I can assure y’all that South Carolina is still red as ketchup. Harrison, who is a helluva candidate, is going to be another one of those moral victories the Democrats claim as a sign that things might get better someday. “Look at this — we were within 10 in freakin SOUTH CAROLINA.” Democrats at the local and state level still are really bad at actually winning elections, and the only real hope is that the downballot spoilage created by the rapidly rotting Trump campaign isn’t somehow being reflected in polling.

maumann likes this.
  9. micropolitan guy

micropolitan guy Well-Known Member

My ballot arrived in today's mail. I'll have it filled out tonight, and it will be in a convenient drop box about 1/2 mile from my house by tomorrow at the latest.

Universal vote by mail is a beautiful thing. Safe, secure, efficient and convenient. Any state that doesn't have it within the next decade is willfully suppressing, and needlessly inconveniencing, its voters. People should demand universal vote by mail. Once you go VBM, you'll never go back.

10. Michael_ Gee

Michael_ Gee Well-Known Member

I didn't think you were comparing Biden to Trump. But there's not much time left, and Biden has not done this so far except for a few verbal stumbles that nobody cares about. He did a barely adequate job of describing his health care policy in the first debate, but of course Trump's behavior is all anyone remembers about the debate now. Actually, I think you did a good job of describing the Trump dilemma. He needs to have voters start focusing on his opponent, but he also cannot stand to not be the center of attention, so he never lets that happen.
    PS: Based on the ratings of their last two town halls, Biden and Trump had a combined audience of a little over 10.5 million, 6.5 for Trump, 4 for Biden. At close of business today before the dueling events go on, around 20 million Americans will have already voted. The potential audience for the candidates is shrinking quickly.

11. TigerVols

TigerVols Well-Known Member

#thecouphasalreadyhap...you know the rest.

maumann likes this.
  12. Deskgrunt50

Deskgrunt50 Well-Known Member

That’s cool. My issue is trying to frame it against exposing some nonexistent or hugely overblown Biden faults.

Biden has talked at length in all kinds of settings over the past year. Has he tripped up? Sure. But not nearly to the extent his critics want people to believe.

sgreenwell likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.