1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

President Trump: The NEW one and only politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Moderator1, Nov 12, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Moderator1

Moderator1 Moderator Staff Member

2. wicked

wicked Well-Known Member

He owes everyone else money.

This will never happen... but if the court is expanded, one of the nominees has to be Anita Hill, just to make Clarence Thomas stroke out when she takes her oath.

OscarMadison likes this.
  3. Della9250

Della9250 Well-Known Member

4. garrow

garrow Well-Known Member

5. Moderator1

Moderator1 Moderator Staff Member

6. Splendid Splinter

Splendid Splinter Well-Known Member

Anyone else hoping one of the legs of Trump’ stool breaks?

7. goalmouth

goalmouth Well-Known Member

"Pete'llFeelYa"

Obviously a swipe at Buttegieg and dog whistle to Qanon.

8. heyabbott

heyabbott Well-Known Member

Sybil McCarthy Hadfield
    Yesterday at 3:00 PM
    Here is George Clooney response after Trump accused him of being a "Hollywood elite."
    "Here’s the thing: I grew up in Kentucky. I sold insurance door-to-door. I sold ladies’ shoes. I worked at an all-night liquor store. I would buy suits that were too big and too long and cut the bottom of the pants off to make ties so I’d have a tie to go on job interviews. I grew up understanding what it was like to not have health insurance for eight years.

So this idea that I’m somehow the “Hollywood elite” and this guy who takes a shit in a gold toilet is somehow the man of the people is laughable.

People in Hollywood, for the most part, are people from the Midwest who moved to Hollywood to have a career. So this idea of “coastal elites” living in a bubble is ridiculous. Who lives in a bigger bubble?

He lives in a gold tower and has twelve people in his company. He doesn’t run a corporation of hundreds of thousands of people he employs and takes care of. He ran a company of twelve people!

When you direct a film you have seven different unions all wanting different things, you have to find consensus with all of them, and you have to get them moving in the same direction.

He’s never had to do any of that kind of stuff. I just look at it and I laugh when I see him say “Hollywood elite.” Hollywood elite? I don’t have a star on Hollywood Boulevard, Donald Trump has a star on Hollywood Boulevard! Fuck you!"

- George Clooney

actor, philanthropist, humanitarian & activist

BRAVO GEORGE.

9. garrow

garrow Well-Known Member

Savannah Guthrie: "Mr. President, do you renounce Satan and all his empty promises?"

Trump: "Well, you know, Satan is a friend. And he gets a bad rap. Very bad rap--you should hear Pence go on about him...so no, I don't renounce him. Why should I? He's always said nice things about me. He was very helpful to me earlier in my career. Very helpful. And I'm thankful for that. Because if that didn't happen, who knows what would have happened. You know? And the Democrats, the Democrats, they just, they just put him through hell."

10. qtlaw

qtlaw Well-Known Member

Yes, but my point is that by removing the filibuster, the Dems could have more leverage when they have been in the minority and Kavanaugh/Barrett would not be flying through confirmation.

11. Baron Scicluna

Baron Scicluna Well-Known Member

Don’t you mean the Dems keeping the filibuster?

12. Justin_Rice

Justin_Rice Well-Known Member

I’m loving this thing where Republicans pretend they have no idea how the Supreme Court nominee feels about abortion?

“Is she pro-life? That’s news to me!”

garrow likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.