1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

President Trump: The NEW one and only politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Moderator1, Nov 12, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Hermes

Hermes Well-Known Member

The establishment GOP rises again and acts like none of it happened, their two justices seated and tax cut in place.

Just like they did after fucking up Iraq.

There will be no satisfying reckoning. Democrats are the ones who self-flagellate. Since 1980, the GOP just puts the blinders on and plows ahead without apologizing.

They are disciplined in achieving their few goals for government and never look back.

2. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

Better that than the final scene from Taps.
    "It's beautiful man!"

I think there are scads of Republicans eager to reclaim the party from the Trumpists. No doubt there will be a bit of a war between Trump deadenders and those who "retired" in recent years. The key is whether the grassroots Trumpist stay engaged post-Trump. They were just there for the insults and put-downs and preservation of the White Christian state. No doubt there will be some DC-types hoping to claim the Trump crown (Cotton et. al) and others like Sasse who will try to chart a course forward. Figure another group will be part of a "non-political/direct action" front ranging from protests to domestic terror. One of the reasons I continue to dip into conservative media now and then is to hear what hosts are saying and what callers are saying.
    The last four years has been an amplifying feedback loop. Trolls and conspiracy theories percolate up, they get clicks, conservative media and Trump amplify the message and it becomes real (regardless of the premise). Do the Limbaughs start shutting that stuff down? Or do they continue to be slaves to their audience regardless of the damage to the Republican party and the country?

3. Baron Scicluna

Baron Scicluna Well-Known Member

Sure. How are the New Jersey Generals doing?

OscarMadison and HanSenSE like this.
  4. Jake from State Farm

Jake from State Farm Well-Known Member

Saw her promoting it on Fox & Friends

5. goalmouth

goalmouth Well-Known Member

Apropos of nothing, but I worked at a journo job with one of the kid actors from Taps, Rusty Jacobs. He gets shot in the film. He's a DA now in NC.

6. The Big Ragu

The Big Ragu Moderator Staff Member

I was just trying to figure out which kid he was in that movie. ... I also think he played the young version of James Woods in Once Upon a Time in America.

7. BitterYoungMatador2

BitterYoungMatador2 Well-Known Member

I thought Limbaugh was dying from stage four cancer on loan from God? Sure sounded fine to me during his two hours with Donnie last week.

8. Jake from State Farm

Jake from State Farm Well-Known Member

9. wicked

wicked Well-Known Member

I forgot that Rudy was Trump's personal attorney.

Trump must have something on Rudy.

10. heyabbott

heyabbott Well-Known Member

Trump faked Covid or used Covid as a cover for other health maladies, to avoid another debate. Rush lies about his cancer to create sympathetic and attention. Rudy lies about everything to stay in the public spotlight.

there’s no rightwing conspiracy other than many mentally ill republicans pushing easily duped Americans to where they want to go

11. goalmouth

Lunatic President Embraces Lunatics, Leads GOP Down the Fiery Path of Total Destruction

12. goalmouth

The redhead kid. You're right about the other movie.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.