1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

President Trump: The NEW one and only politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Moderator1, Nov 12, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. maumann

maumann Well-Known Member

The strategy of bringing "jobs to the people" instead of "people to the jobs" will be a fascinating discussion for future history and sociology professors.

Henry Ford and other manufacturers offered work in the Rust Belt states to poor whites and Blacks before and during the Great Depression, creating a massive population shift.

With tax credits and incentives, you now have the manufacturers relocating to where the available workforce lives: Murfreesboro (Nissan), Chattanooga (VW), Spartanburg (Michelin), Greenville (BMW), Atlanta (Porsche), West Point (Kia). Bridgestone has golf ball manufacturing facilities in Georgia and South Carolina. Hawaiian bread and Wrigley's have plants an hour south of me. Cereal is being produced in Covington.

So it's not at all surprising the neo white supremacists are in places like Michigan instead of the south. The angry white men no longer hold sway in the Rust Belt as the population ages and leaves.

Last edited: Oct 16, 2020
  2. Starman

Starman Well-Known Member

3. Starman

4. Splendid Splinter

Splendid Splinter Well-Known Member

5. lakefront

lakefront Well-Known Member

In a sane world, that person would get zero attention. I figured it was candace...something.

gingerbread likes this.
  6. lakefront

lakefront Well-Known Member

mine...Whether he ever really had the covid.

7. ChrisLong

ChrisLong Well-Known Member

Was Deborah Birx busy? That was her role in Trump's daily pressers, stand behind and nod -- while Fauci smirked.

lakefront likes this.
  8. Spartan Squad

Spartan Squad Well-Known Member

Um, you know how House of Representatives elections work, right?

9. BitterYoungMatador2

BitterYoungMatador2 Well-Known Member

If it wasn’t for Yankee money Myrtle Beach would still be a backwater.

10. Starman

Fatfuck of course doesn't give a fuck. He's playing "Born In The U.S.A." at rallies.

11. heyabbott

heyabbott Well-Known Member

12. sgreenwell

sgreenwell Well-Known Member

Ha, shit - Sometimes! :) And crap, that wasn't a great example anyway on my part, since she got 86 percent of the vote in 2018.

Spartan Squad likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.