1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

President Trump: The NEW one and only politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Moderator1, Nov 12, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Tarheel316

Tarheel316 Well-Known Member

Yeah and he’ll know how lucky he is.

2. 2muchcoffeeman

2muchcoffeeman Well-Known Member

3. 2muchcoffeeman

SIDE NOTE: If you were in newspapers/news websites at any time in the past 10 years, you remember the next part. They fucked us hard, and no lube.​

4. bigpern23

bigpern23 Well-Known Member

This is going to come off as Pollyanna-ish, but we can only blame the lazy American media consumer for this. I've advocated for awhile now that schools should have financial literacy courses beginning in junior high and now I think we need to add media consumption classes as well.

We need to teach our kids how to responsibly consume media, in general, and news, in particular. As journalists, we are trained to examine sourcing and bias and do our level best to find objective truth. But most media consumers know nothing more than to believe what they see on the screen. This is a testament to the work done by past journalists who helped earn the public's collective trust of information published in print, online or on TV/radio, but it's dangerous in today's world. Even the idiots who claim not to believe the "lamestream" media inevitably blindly believe the stories produced by far less scrupulous media outlets that confirm their world view.

Last edited: Oct 17, 2020
  5. 2muchcoffeeman

Irony is curled up in the corner of the bar weeping and demanding a third bottle of bourbon.

garrow and gingerbread like this.
  6. Starman

Starman Well-Known Member

Bizarro projection.

[​IMG]

7. HanSenSE

HanSenSE Well-Known Member

Be best!

8. Neutral Corner

Neutral Corner Well-Known Member

9. Slacker

Slacker Well-Known Member

10. Songbird

Songbird Well-Known Member

The RDR just got hard and knows why.

11. The Big Ragu

The Big Ragu Moderator Staff Member

So I woke up this morning, scanned news websites, and I saw that on the NY Post home page.

The fact that the NY Post is doing Hunter Biden stories every fucking day is beyond annoying at this point. Who kidnapped my fun tabloid?

Then, I read through quickly, and I was wondering how exactly it was supposed to hurt Joe Biden. His kid is struggling in rehab, and he is sending, "Miss you and love you" and "Forget about me running for president, only thing that matters is your recovery, nothing else" texts?

Who would vote for such a monster?

HanSenSE and garrow like this.
  12. matt_garth

matt_garth Well-Known Member

Rupert's gonna Rupert.

He's got a very limited playbook, and he's approaching the end.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.