1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

President Trump: The NEW one and only politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Moderator1, Nov 12, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Slacker

Slacker Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

2. Twirling Time

Twirling Time Well-Known Member

What’s the tiebreaker if the House is 25-25?

If Pennsylvania goes blue, however, l find it hard to believe all the other 10 or so states that are in play will break red. Pennsylvania is basically the new Ohio.

3. Songbird

Songbird Well-Known Member

4. Spartan Squad

Spartan Squad Well-Known Member

You haggle and deal make until you have an outcome. See also Hayes 1876.

Basically there is going to have to be someone in a one-rep state who will be made an offer he can't refuse or someone where the margin is one between Republicans and Democrats. My hope would be it would be a Republican who sees the light but it could be a Democrat in a district that is about to get hosed by a Republican legislature.

All that to say, this won't end in a tie. I don't think we've ever had a tie just two that ended with no one getting a majority of electors.

5. wicked

wicked Well-Known Member

Such a scenario favors Biden because of his time in the Senate and because no one likes the other guy.

6. LanceyHoward

LanceyHoward Well-Known Member

Let's say there was a ie and it went unresolved until inauguration day. The Speaker of the House becomes President in the absence of a President and Vice-President. And the Speaker is elected by the House early in January, before the inauguration. So I would think that the Speaker-surely Pelosi- would become President.

Last edited: Oct 19, 2020
    Neutral Corner likes this.
  7. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

Imagine thinking “he will listen to scientists” is an insult.

8. wicked

wicked Well-Known Member

Easiest way to avoid this: an undeniable rout.

9. Songbird

Songbird Well-Known Member

That was pretty much the self-hoisting onto one's own petard.

Inky_Wretch, OscarMadison and Mngwa like this.
  10. poindexter

poindexter Well-Known Member

I cannot believe the country in which I live.

11. heyabbott

heyabbott Well-Known Member

And yet 60 million self identified Christians will
    Vote for him. Not a single Christian republican repudiated Eric Trump’s assertion that Donald Trump saves Christianity.
    The US Congress has a handful of trained medical professionals who have never contradicted Trump’s scientific or medical statements.
    No republican elected officials have said that the plans to kidnap or murder elected Democrats is wrong.

OscarMadison likes this.
  12. Webster

Webster Well-Known Member

I was texting with my most Trump loving buddy this weekend about non-politics stuff. To say that he is 24/7 about Hunter Biden would be an understatement. Link after link to stories about why this is the most devastating news ever paired with complaints about media bias about the lack of coverage. It really is a self-contained loop.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.