1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

President Trump: The NEW one and only politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Moderator1, Nov 12, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Iron_chet

Iron_chet Well-Known Member

Probably doesn’t remember it but lots of research showing that childhood trauma can have a physical affect in how a brain develops.

Guys still seems like a dirtbag but can’t dismiss these types of things out of hand.

gingerbread, wicked and OscarMadison like this.
  2. Neutral Corner

Neutral Corner Well-Known Member

3. Neutral Corner

We're likely to hear at least a preliminary count from both Florida and NC before we go to bed. They'll be a pretty good marker of which way things are going.

4. Neutral Corner

He still grows up without his mother from a very young age amid a traumatized family.

5. Azrael

Azrael Well-Known Member

Agreed.

His own memory of the event is less important than growing up surrounded by sadness in a household defined by loss.

6. Spartan Squad

Spartan Squad Well-Known Member

Like I said, I don't believe there has ever been a tie. The point with 1876 was there was much haggling to figure out who the president was and ultimately a deal was made to make Hayes the president in exchange for ending Reconstruction.

7. wicked

wicked Well-Known Member

You said it better than I did.

8. Junkie

Junkie Well-Known Member

If all it took to lose weight was to wear a mask in public and keep 6 feet away from people, we'd be the fittest nation on earth. It has nothing to do with listening to the scientists. The assholes who won't wear masks won't wear them because they A) are too stupid to understand basic science and B) don't like being told what to do. And I think it's much more the latter than the former.

9. JayFarrar

JayFarrar Well-Known Member

It isn't lazy. It is because Tuberville and his campaign believe they're going to coast to a victory without even really trying.

So don't answer questions. Don't debate. Don't do anything but raise money and ride Trump's coattails into a Senate seat.

It may work. It probably will work but the folks I know in Alabama, lifelong Republicans, have no intention of voting for Trump or Tuberville.

That's a very small sample size, like two people, but still something.

10. qtlaw

qtlaw Well-Known Member

Its not about one specific scientist, its about the overwhelming number of scientists/researchers.

But go ahead, craft your pandemic response based on radiologist, how's that going for you? What does looking at x-rays tell you about a virus and potential epidemic?

11. Noholesinone

Noholesinone Well-Known Member

If we agree that the greater use of masks can help our national infection rate (until we get a vaccine), how do we accomplish that?

12. TigerVols

TigerVols Well-Known Member

Not to mention having to hear since he was 3 his father telling him, “why didn’t you die and your sister survive?” /actual QAnon conspiracy.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.