1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

President Trump: The NEW one and only politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Moderator1, Nov 12, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. micropolitan guy

micropolitan guy Well-Known Member

Given Trump's abhorrence of science, I wish the doctors at Walter Reed would have treated him with leeches.

2. Alma

Alma Well-Known Member

Hey, fine with me.

I'm saying...Biden's not saying that. And Biden's not really being asked about it. If he - or the media - was truly confident it was all BS, we'd probably know that.

3. Justin_Rice

Justin_Rice Well-Known Member

Hey the emails could all be real, yet none of it be true.

If Hunter "is a crackhead, so of course he flew from LA to Delaware to drop off his computers and forgot to pick them up," is true, then "Hunter is a crackhead who was talking shit about how much he was paying his dad, but he actually wasn't giving any money to pops," can also be true.

Surely - if the emails are true - Joe Biden has a massive stash of unreported income somewhere?

4. Azrael

Azrael Well-Known Member

The "story" as "reported" by the NY Post is incredibly thin.

And pretty clearly a smear.

So Biden's dilemma is that by ignoring it he looks suspicious, and by denying it (in the kind of detail you seem to think is necessary) he keeps it in the news.

Donny in his element likes this.
  5. The Big Ragu

The Big Ragu Moderator Staff Member

Why on earth would Joe Biden address this crap?

Steve Bannon and Rudy Giuliani are trying to manfacture a scandal, and everyone knows who and what they are, and that like Donald Trump, they will lie, cheat, steal or do anything unethical they can think of to try to influence the election.

Everyone also knows that Joe Biden's kid is a fuck up, and that some foreigners put him on their payrolls hoping to use him to get to Biden. There is zero evidence that it worked. If there was even an smidge of evidence, you know that Senate investigation would have been dragged out rather than shut down.

It's not incumbent on Joe Biden to address this crap. Bannon, Giuliani and the rest of the low lifes who have attached themselves to Don Trumpoleone are going to be up to this shit right through election day. Biden would be an idiot to take their bait and let them shift the campaign rhetoric away from the actual candidates (where Trump can not win).

6. Webster

Webster Well-Known Member

Or, you know, there is so much doubt about the credibility of the story that Fox News passed on it, NYP reporters refused to have their names associated with it and the circumstances surrounding obtaining the laptop and the materials allegedly contained therein are incredibly fishy at best, especially given Trump/Rudy’s years long mission to find such dirt.

7. micropolitan guy

micropolitan guy Well-Known Member

Hey Alma, have you stopped beating your wife? Hey if you've got nothing to hide, just answer the question.

8. Driftwood

Driftwood Well-Known Member

I'm praying for a blood letting of Biblical proportions two weeks from today.

9. Alma

Alma Well-Known Member

I didn't say "in detail." I'm not even saying he has to deny it. I'm saying no one really wants to ask, for the reasons I outlined. I'm more interested in the journalistic part of it.

10. The Big Ragu

The Big Ragu Moderator Staff Member

He’s was asked. CBS reporter, widely reported during that day’s news cycle.“I have no response.” “It’s another smear campaign.”

TowelWaver likes this.
  11. Alma

Alma Well-Known Member

Well, these email appear to be evidence. You're saying the evidence is false and made up, fine by me. Maybe it is. (The personal emails seem hard to make up.)

I'm saying journalists don't want to ask, and Biden doesn't want to say.

Pee tape? Believable. Printable. Askable many times over.

Drug addict and wayward son ensnaring his well-heeled, over-forgiving father in a political mess? Can't even touch it.

12. goalmouth

goalmouth Well-Known Member

A pub such as New York magazine can't be taken seriously, when it misspells scarf lady's name "Brix," more than once in a story.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.