1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

President Trump: The NEW one and only politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Moderator1, Nov 12, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Alma

Alma Well-Known Member

You left out Biden's two other sentences, which I find more telling.

"Right up your alley. Those are the questions you always ask."

Shaming the reporter for even bringing it up.

In other words: Be careful.

Shitty when Trump does it (and it is). But OK when Biden does?

2. hondo

hondo Well-Known Member

Biden has to resist the urge. There's an old story about a race for Congress in a rural area. The incumbent, worried about losing, tells his campaign manager to start spreading rumors that the other guy enjoys carnal knowledge of his prize-winning sow. The campaign manager says, "no one will believe he has sex with his pig." The reply: "I know ... but let's make him deny it."

3. 2muchcoffeeman

2muchcoffeeman Well-Known Member

PDFs of emails are not emails. They’re PDFs.

Here’s a quick tutorial about email headers that you may find informative as far as determining whether a claimed email is actually an email or if it’s just an attempt to frame someone.

4. The Big Ragu

The Big Ragu Moderator Staff Member

Actually, the telling thing is that he was asked. Your journalistic concern was unwarranted all this time.

TowelWaver, OscarMadison and Mngwa like this.
  5. Starman

Starman Well-Known Member

6. Fred siegle

Fred siegle Well-Known Member

Turned in my ballot at the county board of elections building today! Yea me!

7. Azrael

Azrael Well-Known Member

You've said both.

You think more reporters should ask about it.

And you seem to think Biden should deny the story, even as a campaign opportunity. "Tee it up" was the phrase.

To do so, he'd have to go into some . . . detail.

Forensic evidence of emails cut and pasted; meetings between Bannon and Giuliani; etc., ad inf.

Why should Biden have to do Murdoch's reporting for him?

8. Azrael

Azrael Well-Known Member

And I don't recall any legitimate reporter asking Trump directly about a "pee" tape.

9. The Big Ragu

The Big Ragu Moderator Staff Member

Objectively, there are a bunch of differences, too. ... We all know that the Donald Trump's pee thing was more likely true than not. It would certainly be in character. If it did happen, it directly involves Donald Trump's behavior. Not Baron Trump. Donald Trump.

Hunter Biden isn't Joe Biden, and from what we actually know, there is little reason to believe that Joe Biden did anything unethical with regard to his son.

And with that said, no reputable reporter is going to touch these things. You don't go to a candidate with innuendo, allegations based on flimsy evidence, etc. At best, the question that could be asked was, which was, "The NY Post has this thing. ... and comment?"

Find decent evidence of something and then you ask questions.

Splendid Splinter likes this.
  10. Junkie

Junkie Well-Known Member

In AlmaLand, "Right up your alley. These are the questions you always ask," is the same as the following:

“That’s why you used to work for the Times and now you work for someone else,”

"Maybe that's a question you should ask China." (Said to an Asian reporter).

"What a stupid question that is. What a stupid question. But I watch you a lot and you ask a lot of stupid questions."

"I know you're not thinking. You never do."

"It's so disgraceful. You're so disgraceful."

"You know you are a fake. You know that?"

Tell us again how you're not supporting Trump.

11. Mngwa

Mngwa Well-Known Member

The Biden campaign has said that there was no meeting with the guy the owner Biden supposedly arranged a meeting with. Doesn't that answer the most important question? Hunter may well have tried to sell access to his father, but his father didn't go.

12. BTExpress

BTExpress Well-Known Member

Study says it's spread through social networks, not so much the obese stranger standing behind you in the checkout lane.

But I'm not good enough to work at the New England Journal of Medicine, so WTF do I know?

I wear a mask everywhere I go in public and was into social distancing years before it became cool. However much you want to paint me as "part of the problem," I most assuredly am not.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.