1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

President Trump: The NEW one and only politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Moderator1, Nov 12, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. goalmouth

goalmouth Well-Known Member

Fuckhead

2. BTExpress

BTExpress Well-Known Member

I stopped beating mine.

Two lousy games of chess, and she won't play anymore. :(

lakefront likes this.
  3. Smallpotatoes

Smallpotatoes Well-Known Member

4. HanSenSE

HanSenSE Well-Known Member

5. Baron Scicluna

Baron Scicluna Well-Known Member

Biden should just answer any Hunter questions by saying "It's fake news. You can't trust the media, and the media is the enemy of the people."

Problem solved.

garrow likes this.
  6. DanielSimpsonDay

DanielSimpsonDay Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

TowelWaver likes this.
  7. Spartan Squad

Spartan Squad Well-Known Member

You know what I'm talking about. Spreading through social networks refers to the habits and actions we take. Lifestyle choices are affected by who is around us influencing our decisions. It's like becoming a Dodgers fan. You are more likely to be one if people around you are Dodgers fans too.

That is totally not the same thing as listening to science to help stop a disease that is killing people. But you know that. Stop with this "ooooooooo what about obesity? Ooooooooo what about a glioblastoma!!!!!!evleventy!!!!!!!" It doesn't make you sound smart. It isn't some profound point that disproves that wearing a fucking mask in public and listening to the people who are trying to slow down a disease that is killing people because some nincompoop can't be bothered wear a face covering. Sure obesity is a problem in this country. Yes we should listen to our doctors about not eating so many calories. You should also listen to your doctor about wearing a goddamned mask.

8. JayFarrar

JayFarrar Well-Known Member

As others have noted, Hunter Biden gate is deep into the woods of the Fox News cinematic universe. The average person doesn’t get it.
    The other and vastly more important thing is that the whole “scandal” presupposes Joe Biden is wildly corrupt. You have to believe that first before taking the next step.
    If I follow correctly, copies of emails, that haven’t been authenticated, show Hunter Biden said he could setup a meeting with the “big guy” and then step two is Joe Biden gets paid a king’s ransom and buys Versailles to then quietly retire and teach, write while speaking for big bucks.
    There’s no record of any meeting of course because the best coverups means there’s absolutely no paper trail despite living a hugely public life. I mean the absence of evidence is the evidence.
    And, this is big, even if a meeting occurred, so what? The USG meets with companies all the time. Corrupt companies even.
    There’s also no record of the USG doing anything for the company but, again, absence of evidence is the evidence.
    The key thing to believe is “Greedy Joe” got rich. Look at all his mansions!

9. WriteThinking

WriteThinking Well-Known Member

I get the sentiment with this post, but I'm not sure it's so. COVID-19, apparently, is much more resilient, stubborn, complex and difficult to defeat than you're portraying here. As someone who wears a mask not just an un-affecting, effortless few minutes a day but close to 10 hours a day most days -- and hates it, and is getting tired of it, and is becoming uncertain of it's actual effectiveness as time goes on -- AND as someone who completely understands the battle of obesity, I don't believe COVID-19 would have been gone in a month had EVERYONE followed every healthful suggestion 100 percent. Because I've seen close to that percentage of people do all the right things for what, going on nine months now, and it seems we're nowhere near really opening things up, and certainly, we're not doing so with any real confidence or in a widespread way about which everyone feels OK.

I don't think the scientists are wrong in their recommendations. But I think they're, unfortunately, understated and/or probably not completely accurate (or even know-able, for sure, for that matter). This is a condition that we're still figuring out, and still a long way from understanding or defeating -- not a month away. And I hate that. But that, too, is how science is sometimes.

10. 3_Octave_Fart

3_Octave_Fart Well-Known Member

These folks don't like acknowledging that other folks know more than they do. That is the entire fucking problem in a bouillon cube.

Ben Sasse schooled at Harvard, Oxford and Yale and still can't see he's being played.
    Josh Hawley has the same credentials and believes private companies can be destroyed.

11. bigpern23

bigpern23 Well-Known Member

Former RNC chairman Michael Steele endorsed Biden. The guy who was in charge of fundraising for the GOP and getting Republicans elected is voting Democrat. Lol GOP.

TowelWaver likes this.
  12. DanielSimpsonDay

DanielSimpsonDay Well-Known Member

the more you knorr

garrow likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.