1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

President Trump: The NEW one and only politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Moderator1, Nov 12, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

The party of family values!

2. Alma

Alma Well-Known Member

Trump made a mess out of immigration. Here’s hoping Biden has a better, more humane plan.

OscarMadison likes this.
  3. Alma

Alma Well-Known Member

Democrats have enthusiasm to vote Trump out.

4. SoloFlyer

SoloFlyer Well-Known Member

Philadelphia County is 45% white, 43% Black.

The registered voters who aren't showing up to the polls are likely lower income, inner city residents who can't take time off. And, yes, most of them are probably Black.

Do those demographics sound like Trump's people?

I didn't think so.

5. kickoff-time

kickoff-time Well-Known Member

Good but not nearly what it could be. Philadelphia County has roughly 850,000 registered Democrats and Clinton got 584,000 votes. The county has 129,000 registered Republicans and Trump got 108,000 votes.
    Same with Allegheny - registered Democrats 537,000, Clinton got 367,617 votes. Registered Republicans 265,000 and Trump got 259,000 votes.

That's roughly 500,000 votes Democrats left on the table in just those two counties.

6. Baron Scicluna

Baron Scicluna Well-Known Member

Sure, that’s what they want you to think. But really, the deep state in the FBI is conspiring with the media and the NWO to keep it all quiet.

7. HanSenSE

HanSenSE Well-Known Member

Nearly one for every electoral vote.

8. kickoff-time

kickoff-time Well-Known Member

With mail in voting getting to the polls shouldn't be a problem. I no longer live in Pa. but I guess I don't understand why constantly imploring Democrats in big cities to vote for Biden wouldn't work. Be interesting to see what counties like Erie and Luzerne do this time since they basically gave Trump the edge he needed.

9. Michael_ Gee

Michael_ Gee Well-Known Member

Exactly right. "Throw the bums out" remains the strongest of American political emotions.

TowelWaver, OscarMadison and HanSenSE like this.
  10. HanSenSE

HanSenSE Well-Known Member

11. Splendid Splinter

Splendid Splinter Well-Known Member

“Dem bums” sorry, just have the Brooklyn Dodgers on my mind when I see that word.

12. Batman

Batman Well-Known Member

The tweet said red counties got the overwhelming majority of the money, not red states. Which, in a state like Illinois where the overwhelming majority of the rural farming counties are red, but the urban population center of Chicago makes the state blue, that makes a lot of sense. The same dynamic should play itself out in many states.
    Plus, Trump won 2,626 of the country's 3,141 counties in 2016. Based on that alone, if you break it down by county the majority of most Federal spending will go to red counties.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.