1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

President Trump: The NEW one and only politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Moderator1, Nov 12, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Starman

Starman Well-Known Member

Her Shiite Catholic cult pays no more attention to the Pope than they pay to Alyssa Milano.

2. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

The point I would have made during the hearings is that Barrett's faith shouldn't be used as a weapon or a shield. If she uses her faith to justify/inform her legal rulings, she needs to use it in ALL of her rulings and not just pick and choose which cases (and which parts of the religious doctrine) to apply it.
    I mean - with a majority Catholic supreme court we should be outlawing interest rates. Right?

3. champ_kind

champ_kind Well-Known Member

4. goalmouth

goalmouth Well-Known Member

Inside the USPS, public mailboxes are known as "tinpots"

5. daemon

daemon Well-Known Member

Everyone sounds really confident in a Trump defeat. Wish I could feel as confident. 538's interactive election map gives Biden a 90 percent chance of winning the presidency if he wins PA and a 74 percent chance of losing if he loses PA. Biden is going to win the popular vote in a landslide. You'll have to talk me into believing that PA is anything better than a toss-up right now.

Last edited: Oct 21, 2020
  6. Regan MacNeil

Regan MacNeil Well-Known Member

If you don’t believe math, there’s really no point in trying to convince you of anything, is there?

sgreenwell likes this.
  7. Neutral Corner

Neutral Corner Well-Known Member

Confident? After 2016? Nope. I'm full of doubt and cynical reservations. I believe that there will be a landslide vote for Biden, but I won't be anything approaching comfortable about it until after the election.

8. daemon

daemon Well-Known Member

What math are you referring to? 538's math has Trump as a huge favorite if he wins PA. I do not doubt that.

9. Corky Ramirez up on 94th St.

Corky Ramirez up on 94th St. Well-Known Member

@DanielSimpsonDay may file a copyright infringement claim on this post.

10. Regan MacNeil

Regan MacNeil Well-Known Member

Kasie Hunt said something similar this morning. Dems are so shellshocked after 2016, they refuse to acknowledge the reality of the numbers: that this is pointing toward a Biden blowout.

Trump isn’t a demigod. He’s not a political genius. He’s a blowhard who rivered an inside straight against a deeply flawed candidate.

11. garrow

garrow Well-Known Member

Darkmoneyaddictssaywhat

12. OscarMadison

OscarMadison Well-Known Member

@Alma, taking your word and extending my apology.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.