1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

President Trump: The NEW one and only politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Moderator1, Nov 12, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Regan MacNeil

Regan MacNeil Well-Known Member

The math that fundamentally disagrees with your assessment that PA is a tossup at best.

2. BitterYoungMatador2

BitterYoungMatador2 Well-Known Member

Anyone confident in anything right now based on polls is either a fool or was the passed out in 2016 and 2012.

HanSenSE, wicked and Jerry-atric like this.
  3. champ_kind

champ_kind Well-Known Member

Your post says Biden has a 90% chance of winning if he wins PA and a 74% of winning if he loses PA. That seems to not be what you meant, but it is what your post said.

Last edited: Oct 21, 2020
  4. garrow

garrow Well-Known Member

5. DanielSimpsonDay

DanielSimpsonDay Well-Known Member

to be fair i would have said rape twice and what's with the dot at the end of the last word must be a finance thing

6. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

I do buy the notion that there are Trump supporters who won't admit to a pollster they will vote for him, making it closer than reported. I also wonder if the cross-tabs are overinflating the electorate on Trump's behalf. Higher turnout is bad for Trump, a less white electorate (as this one will be) is bad for Trump, high "wrong/right track" number is bad for Trump. He's down among independents, he's down among women.

7. daemon

daemon Well-Known Member

And yet every expert and politico agrees that if he wins Pennsylvania he likely wins the Presidency. There seems to be some space between your portrayal of the situation and theirs

8. Regan MacNeil

He’s hemorrhaging senior support. Democrats remind me of Cubs fans. Always waiting for the other shoe to drop.

OscarMadison likes this.
  9. wicked

wicked Well-Known Member

I just gave $50 to ActBlue. I've crossed over to the dark side.

TowelWaver likes this.
  10. Regan MacNeil

I guess we’ll see, won’t we? You wanna live your life afraid of your own shadow, that’s your business.

11. Jerry-atric

Jerry-atric Well-Known Member

The next wave of Pennsylvania polling will “tell the tale.” The most recent polls were conducted by pollsters that have been favorable to “Drumpf” throughout the campaign. This makes Pennsylvania look like a “toss-up” currently, when it may not be.

Keep an eye on Pennsylvania, my friends!

12. The Big Ragu

The Big Ragu Moderator Staff Member

It's not blind adherence to polls.

In 2016, few people were enthusiastic about either of the candidates. They were both polarizing, and to the extent that Hilary Clinton represented the status quo, there was enough disaffection to drive some misguided people to toward Trump. It was the, "Maybe we should try something different" vote.

2020 is completed different. Joe Biden doesn't excite anyone, but there isn't a ton of polarized enmity toward him either (I am not talking about the fringe who will polarize anyone 'the other side' puts upon.

This time, Trump is running on a record of endless bullshit, the coronavirus devastating people's lives while he has been a raging asshole, and the disaffected vote he got last time is going to go against him.

THEN. ... factor in the polls showing this is a done deal, and you have to conclude that it is overwhelmingly likely that we are going to have a new president in January.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.