1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

President Trump: The NEW one and only politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Moderator1, Nov 12, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. daemon

daemon Well-Known Member

Normally this would be the place in the back-and-forth where you state the exact math you are referring to in an effort to to support your point. I'm going to guess you are referring to polls as "math." The polls have dipped close to margin of error territory at times. They are sending Obama in to campaign. But I'll be sure to let everybody know that Regan MacNeil has guaranteed a win.

2. Regan MacNeil

Regan MacNeil Well-Known Member

Nope. Look at Clinton’s immediate run to the middle/triangulation in the ‘90s.

3. BitterYoungMatador2

BitterYoungMatador2 Well-Known Member

Dude threw a bone to the mortgage industry and 100,000 new cops into the streets. That wasn't any kind of run to the middle.

4. Azrael

Azrael Well-Known Member

5. 3_Octave_Fart

3_Octave_Fart Well-Known Member

I've known Catholics like Barrett. Grew up among them.
    Many were teachers. Mean old nuns but smart as hell, and they put you ahead in the game when it was nut-cutting time.
    The sisters got me into the places I got into, I always believed that.

OscarMadison and Patchen like this.
  6. Neutral Corner

Neutral Corner Well-Known Member

Shrug. That was his style and his strategy, and he was elected President twice.

7. Regan MacNeil

Yeah, and how did that decade go for the rest of the party?

8. Azrael

Azrael Well-Known Member

9. 3_Octave_Fart

3_Octave_Fart Well-Known Member

I guess I'm saying I could buy that Barrett is brilliant if she showed any hint of it in these proceedings.

10. Regan MacNeil

Superpredators. The Crime Bill. Sistah Souljah. Health care. Lost both houses of Congress.

11. Azrael

Azrael Well-Known Member

12. The Big Ragu

The Big Ragu Moderator Staff Member

There are two things that matter when these elections come around, and political party (or the dumb Santa Claus promises) aren't either.

1) How do people feel they are doing economically heading into the election?
    2) STYLE and personality. A candidate with charisma is way more valuable than a candidate with some kind of substance.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.