1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

President Trump: The NEW one and only politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Moderator1, Nov 12, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. heyabbott

heyabbott Well-Known Member

I live in that kind of area and if lawn signs mean anything, i think they are voting Red down ticket and abstaining from trump, at least that is my reading of polite society. OTOH, trump supporters lack self-awareness and civility, they'd be in a stranger's face with TRUMP, however silent with their neighbors.

2. wicked

wicked Well-Known Member

I will never get why Trumpsters are so in your face about it. I assume it's overcompensation for something.

3. DanielSimpsonDay

DanielSimpsonDay Well-Known Member

4. Splendid Splinter

Splendid Splinter Well-Known Member

the dumbass President just RTd this

5. Driftwood

Driftwood Well-Known Member

Rudy G apparently marched into a Delaware police station and handed over a computer allegedly belonging to Hunter Biden.
    Let's assume it is Biden's, no matter what may or may not be on it.
    Why does everyone seem to be missing what to me is the obvious question?

How does Rudy, a private citizen, come into the possession of the computer?

I'd call it felony possession of stolen property.

6. Justin_Rice

Justin_Rice Well-Known Member

According to the original story, the FBI served the shop owner with a subpoena back in December and took the laptop. ... but now Rudy has it.

I can't even begin to keep the timeline straight.

Webster, maumann, Mngwa and 1 other person like this.
  7. Driftwood

Driftwood Well-Known Member

There again, why does Rudy have it? He isn't any kind of investigator or prosecutor.

We all know where this is coming from and what's behind it. Based on this, I could drop off a computer somewhere, say it belongs to Rudy, and ask for him to be arrested.

HanSenSE, maumann and 2muchcoffeeman like this.
  8. Tighthead

Tighthead Well-Known Member

Rudy has a Borat problem.

Last edited: Oct 21, 2020
  9. garrow

garrow Well-Known Member

10. 3_Octave_Fart

3_Octave_Fart Well-Known Member

daemon-

I mean no disrespect, but I'd ask why you take 538 for gospel truth. It's like the person who makes a player eval solely on what he just read on FanGraphs.

I am not a data scientist but I've educated myself as much as I can via podcast, and the numbers are not there for Trump.
    This is what the subject experts are saying.

And I trust people who've studied this for 30 years like I trust Dr. Fauci,
    and like the guy who's studied John Donne for the same length of time.

11. Baron Scicluna

Baron Scicluna Well-Known Member

True. Especially when they keep bleating, "Trump is YOUR president."

It's like, yeah, he's a member of the Republican Party was elected president. We just had a Republican president not that long ago, and had plenty of Republican presidents in the last half of the 20th century. It's not anything new.

Any Dem saying the same thing about Obama was because he was the first African-American president. So there was a historic rationale there. Not with Trump.

OscarMadison likes this.
  12. Michael_ Gee

Michael_ Gee Well-Known Member

As Nate Silver himself has repeatedly stated, a large part of the "Trump wins" results in his model's simulations are based on two suppositions 1. Polls could be wrong (as Silver also notes, it's getting to where they have to be really wrong) 2. Still time for events to happen that'd boost Trump's chances. As we get closer to November, this one shrinks. When the model was first unveiled after Labor Day, Biden won 72 of every 100 simulations. Now it's up to 88. That's a pretty decisive margin for a model whose creator admits has a large "what if" factor built in.

3_Octave_Fart likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.