1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

President Trump: The NEW one and only politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Moderator1, Nov 12, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Hermes

Hermes Well-Known Member

“I’d like to open with a pressing question. Are you an Avon, Stringer or Omar guy?”

Driftwood, Mngwa and DanielSimpsonDay like this.
  2. Neutral Corner

Neutral Corner Well-Known Member

He appears as though he's on a blood thinner like Coumadin, and the person who was trying to draw blood stabbed him repeatedly in the back of his hand. That or he crushed it somehow. It still looks very much as though he's on a blood thinner either way.

3. bigpern23

bigpern23 Well-Known Member

4. swingline

swingline Well-Known Member

That's sure to garner 100 percent of the Black vote.

5. Alma

Alma Well-Known Member

Aren’t you the one who wrote, repeatedly, “great job voters” about these same people?

what kind of culture overhaul do you have in mind?

6. goalmouth

goalmouth Well-Known Member

Look at it this way: Whitlock doesn't have to worry about the FATUS effect killing his career.

7. DanielSimpsonDay

DanielSimpsonDay Well-Known Member

8. bigpern23

bigpern23 Well-Known Member

How can you argue that she lost the election because she's "not particularly likable?" Three million more people found her more "likable" than the current occupant of the Oval Office (they happened to live the wrong voting districts). What about him is more "likable" than Clinton? In what way does he have "the skills of a natural politician" that she lacks?

She didn't lose the election because she's "not particularly likable" or because she "does not have the skills of a natural politician." Let's not pretend those were her big flaws as a candidate because she was better at both of them than the guy she lost to. Oh, and she had a better resume.

gingerbread and Mngwa like this.
  9. Hermes

Hermes Well-Known Member

You two gonna say something or just ask each other abuncha douchey questions that don’t mean anything?

10. wicked

wicked Well-Known Member

She lost the states where being barefoot and pregnant unfortunately still counts for something.

11. Neutral Corner

Neutral Corner Well-Known Member

I voted for her and didn't find her particularly likable. I just knew that she was 77 times more qualified and competent than Trump would ever be. I suspect that a lot of people did so. I certainly remember a lot of folks who said that they held their nose and voted for Hillary. I don't doubt that she's nice enough one on one, but as a politician on the big stage she lacked severely... and it's not like I'll ever have some one on one time to change my mind.

Throw in that her stance that she had paid her dues and it was her turn came off as very entitled, and that turned off a lot of people.

Last edited: Oct 21, 2020
    OscarMadison likes this.
  12. 3_Octave_Fart

3_Octave_Fart Well-Known Member

The best resume doesn't always get the job.
    Sometimes Matt Patricia does.
    That's just life.

sgreenwell likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.