1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

President Trump: The NEW one and only politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Moderator1, Nov 12, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. wicked

wicked Well-Known Member

I really don’t care if someone is likable, as long as they’ll do the job.

Too many people bought the “Trump is an asshole, but he’s OUR asshole” line of thinking four years ago.

2. 3_Octave_Fart

3_Octave_Fart Well-Known Member

coffeeman, my mother did the same thing. Actually gave her banking data away. A yuge pain in the ass to fix, that one was.

Rudy just does drinker things that I've noticed - laughing his ass off at shit that's not funny, etc.

His daughter doesn't seem too worried about him so I guess I won't be either.

3. Michael_ Gee

Michael_ Gee Well-Known Member

Trump has taped an interview with Jason Whitlock.

4. Scout

Scout Well-Known Member

Polls shmolls...

We have a President willing to do anything to stay in office and very powerful people will to do anything to keep him in office. That includes Russia.

BitterYoungMatador2 likes this.
  5. Neutral Corner

Neutral Corner Well-Known Member

6. bigpern23

bigpern23 Well-Known Member

I can't fathom anyone thinking the President is more "likable" than Clinton. I don't think likability was much of a factor at all in the 2016 election.

Was that her stance? Did she say that or indicate it in some interview that I missed?

Or is that people's interpretation of a woman who set her goal to become President and did everything she could to build the experience and resume to prepare her for the role and then went out and campaigned for it?

lakefront likes this.
  7. JayFarrar

JayFarrar Well-Known Member

I have no doubt that Biden will win the popular vote and by a lot. Anything less than a landslide there is grounds for investigation.

I'd guess he's going to win by between 4 million to 6 million votes as the country has yet to reckon with how deeply unpopular Trump actually is.

Trump still has a chance via the Electoral College as any other party candidate does in a two-party system but the odds of getting dealt a winning hand are slim.

Republicans increase Trump's chances by ratfucking the vote counting as much as possible and hoping for a favorable Supreme Court ruling, which is also possible.

So, to recap, Biden, popular vote winner and likely EC winner with Trump being declared the winner if it goes to the Supreme Court but also a possible EC win.

I also think Biden could win both, and still get pressured by some to drop out by some for the good of the country as there's zero chance Trump lives his final years in quiet reflection of what went wrong.

8. Neutral Corner

9. Neutral Corner

We're not going to agree. Our opinions are too divergent. I don't care to pursue this further.

Sorry, mate.

10. Azrael

Azrael Well-Known Member

she was shrill and ambitious

Mngwa likes this.
  11. The Big Ragu

The Big Ragu Moderator Staff Member

Or maybe a lot of people just correctly perceived her as a phony who had disdain for the people she was pretending to champion.

FWIW, I agree with @Neutral Corner about this. Donald Trump was a clown and such a dick during the campaign (culminating with grab em by the pussy) that just about any typical non-polarizing and slightly more likable candidate would have beaten him. She was so unlikable that some usually reliable constituents didn't vote, or worse, decided to try something different. And as a result states like Michigan and Wisconsin, which should be very reliably Democrat, were carried by Trump.

12. Mngwa

Mngwa Well-Known Member

there is no f****** way that any sane person thinks it would be good for the country for Biden to drop out if he wins both the electoral college and the popular vote. What the hell have you been drinking?

gingerbread and HanSenSE like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.