1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

President Trump: The NEW one and only politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Moderator1, Nov 12, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. DanielSimpsonDay

DanielSimpsonDay Well-Known Member

guiliani juice

2. Sam Mills 51

Sam Mills 51 Well-Known Member

At least you correctly expressed your concern.

3. Alma

Alma Well-Known Member

I don't think Clinton was that unlikable. I kinda liked her.

What she wasn't was a radical. Nor was she, like Biden, along for whatever ride the radicals wanted to take her on. It was the Hilary Clinton show, and certain corners of the voting bloc didn't want to tune in to that program.

Neutral Corner likes this.
  4. Sam Mills 51

Sam Mills 51 Well-Known Member

Will someone make sure Jesse Helms gets a copy of this?

Driftwood likes this.
  5. RickStain

RickStain Well-Known Member

Remember all the people using Elizabeth warren as the example of a woman they could get behind to prove they weren’t being sexist against Clinton?

that support sure did dry up fast when Warren was actually an option

TowelWaver likes this.
  6. Azrael

Azrael Well-Known Member

she was shrill and ambitious

7. The Big Ragu

The Big Ragu Moderator Staff Member

Something like 74 million women voted; 64 million men voted. In every election since 1980, a higher proportion of women have voted than men.

Unless there are all these sexist women out there -- and it's a possibility -- it's way more likely that she was just a shitty candidate.

We elected a black president to two terms. A woman would have been doable, if the woman wasn't her.

maumann and OscarMadison like this.
  8. Azrael

Azrael Well-Known Member

you could argue he is the most accomplished sports journalist in America today

garrow and DanielSimpsonDay like this.
  9. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

If the Founding Fathers were so smart - or whomever kept adding EVs - why finish at an even number? Seems kinda dumb.

10. sgreenwell

sgreenwell Well-Known Member

I think there is something to the idea that institutionalized sexism is why we don't have as many dynamic female candidates. Like, if you're thinking of female politicians, who's the analogue for a Kennedy or an Obama or a Reagan? My suspicion is that if you were a woman and you wanted to be involved in politics, you had to act A Certain Way that probably hurts broader appeal.

Going forward, I think the career of AOC is probably going to be one of the most fascinating ones to watch. She obviously already exists as a Republican boogeywoman, but if she ever runs for President, it would mean a lot of TV and debate time, which are formats she excels in.

gingerbread, maumann and OscarMadison like this.
  11. kickoff-time

kickoff-time Well-Known Member

It still surprises me that many Trump supporters say they can relate to him. Why? Trump grew up very wealthy (The New York Times said he was a millionaire by age 8).
    They also spout, well he is a businessman not a politician. They almost never include that he's a terrible businessman with many businesses that failed and incredible debt.

And as Howard Stern said, "The people Trump despises the most are the people that love Trump the most." Before and after his presidency he would never associate with 99 percent of the people who attend his rallies.

12. Neutral Corner

Neutral Corner Well-Known Member

What catharsis? I want his thieving, fraudulent ass punished as any other criminal would be upon their conviction. I don't doubt that a serious investigation would uncover any number of things that he could legitimately be indicted for.

2muchcoffeeman likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.