1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

President Trump: The NEW one and only politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Moderator1, Nov 12, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Splendid Splinter

Splendid Splinter Well-Known Member

Trump would have that man arrested.

2. RickStain

RickStain Well-Known Member

My mom wouldn’t have voted for a democrat regardless, but she openly believes women shouldn’t be in leadership positions

Mngwa likes this.
  3. bigpern23

bigpern23 Well-Known Member

I'm not asking you to agree. It would be nice if you could support your statements.

4. bigpern23

bigpern23 Well-Known Member

I'm both mystified and fascinated by this statement. Can you elaborate on what you mean by this? Why would Biden drop out if he won both the popular vote and EC?

5. Regan MacNeil

Regan MacNeil Well-Known Member

I said flawed. Not unqualified.

Jerry-atric likes this.
  6. Twirling Time

Twirling Time Well-Known Member

The only catharsis I’m thinking about right now is the great big American shit that voters will take on Election Day and pulling the chain on this orange turd. Everything else will follow in due time. There are enough provable crimes to lock up Twitchy and his cabal for life 10 times over.

7. Songbird

Songbird Well-Known Member

Jokes on Whitlock aside, and maybe I'll be wrong, but that interview will get a shitload of eyeballs.

8. DanielSimpsonDay

DanielSimpsonDay Well-Known Member

'08 was supposed to be her turn in a layup election but she lost the primary to some dude with a funny name, big ears, and a gift for oratory. Democrats - the voters who are *supposed* to like her and know her the best - told her and the DNC that they were all set without her.

Rather than take that feedback, the DNC sidelined the VP of a popular president and ran her on the platform of, "I'm a woman and it's my turn for real, goddamnit." Biden may be grandfatherly, but he connects with people like most grandpas have a knack for doing. Hillary is smart and quick on her feet (except when the MS kicks in ascending stairs), but so are Disney villains.

Her own party's voters were apathetic about her, and the rest of the population loathed her thanks to the lady parts and 20+ years of Gold Bond and Ovaltine sponsored AM radio vitriol.

There's no Biden body count. No Biden Foundation connection with Soros. Unless you feel really strongly about plagiarism and malapropisms (which, if you're on a journalism board, you might), you weren't getting email forwards from your aunt about Joe Biden.

Even taking outside interference into account, it took the GOP and definitelynotrussia *this* long to come up with something on a guy with five decades in office, and that something has all the linearity of a Spirograph doodle and isn't even worth the Q in "Why can't we just ask questions about it?"

Highly qualified? You bet.

Uniquely unelectable? Scoreboard.

9. Jerry-atric

Jerry-atric Well-Known Member

It is terrible that men were permitted in the voting booths to “supervise.” This country has a very long way to go. That is certain.

10. kickoff-time

kickoff-time Well-Known Member

I think there will be disappointment from Trump supporters when Biden wins but not the outright disgust if Hillary would have won. Biden might be a senile dolt to them akin to an aging uncle or grandfather but not the Wicked Witch of The West or Cersei/Tywin Lannister.

11. swingline

swingline Well-Known Member

You really can't help but fly your dipshit flag, can you?

12. Jerry-atric

Jerry-atric Well-Known Member

I have heard of such “shenanigans” occurring in my own state, sadly.

Can you imagine!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.