1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

President Trump: The NEW one and only politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Moderator1, Nov 12, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Michael_ Gee

Michael_ Gee Well-Known Member

Victim was in placebo group. A sad end for a brave human being.

2. garrow

garrow Well-Known Member

Man...the video of Biden and the son of a Parkland victim. Wow.

And here's a response from Trump about that terrible day.

F*ck Donald Trump.

OscarMadison and Mngwa like this.
  3. Neutral Corner

Neutral Corner Well-Known Member

4. Alma

Alma Well-Known Member

No, I’m not, and the proof is, in that same poll, Sanders was +10 and Clinton was -8. Who won the primary?

Meanwhile, in that same poll, Trump was -33 (!) and Fiorina was +7. How’d that turn out?

But believe whatever you want. You’re going to anyway. On top of that, Biden’s gonna roll, and I’m gonna vote for him.

5. Neutral Corner

6. Michael_ Gee

Biden has consistently led Trump in the polls since last fall, no, since 2017 (those don't really mean a thing). That was the source of the whole Ukraine thing that got Trump impeached. He wasn't out looking for foreign dirt on Mayor Pete. FWIW, and of course opposition to Trump is the main reason, but not the only reason, Biden has been able to unify a very fractious party for the general election. That takes political skill.

7. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

How are we supposed to figure out genuine GOP suppression efforts from those attempted by foreign election meddlers?

HanSenSE likes this.
  8. HanSenSE

HanSenSE Well-Known Member

Because the Republicans have a solid track record of telling the truth, the whole truth and nothing but the truth over the past four years.

Baron Scicluna likes this.
  9. Michael_ Gee

Just a note. The number crunchers, Nate Silver of 538, Nate Cohn of the Times and G. Elliott Morris of the Economist, spend many pixels telling us plebs to ignore individual polls and chuck 'em in the averages. OK. But then all three spend much of their days on Twitter reacting to each and every individual poll, often in contradictory ways. I realize they serve media outlet masters who need clicks, but there's a certain intellectual inconsistency there that makes me less confident in their assessments. BTW, Silver and Cohn obviously think Biden will win, but spend many tweets covering their asses in case of the Trump upset. Another black mark. You have a method, stick with it. Mike Leach doesn't give up just it never works.

10. Neutral Corner

Helluva thread here.

11. Spartan Squad

Spartan Squad Well-Known Member

The Civics teacher inside me is seriously twitching right now...

12. Spartan Squad

Spartan Squad Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.