1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

President Trump: The NEW one and only politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Moderator1, Nov 12, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. DanielSimpsonDay

DanielSimpsonDay Well-Known Member

only doing this because the media won't talk about it i guess it's blue check taboo to ask questions

2. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

In the deepest parts of his heart, Don Jr. knows his father doesn't give a shit about him. Just as Donald's father didn't give a damn about him.

3. 3_Octave_Fart

3_Octave_Fart Well-Known Member

I'd rather have my balls smashed with a mallet than watch that garbage tonight.

Smallpotatoes likes this.
  4. Gutter

Gutter Well-Known Member

Other than that, did you enjoy the play, Mrs. Lincoln?

garrow and Baron Scicluna like this.
  5. Neutral Corner

Neutral Corner Well-Known Member

I hope Biden sues that little worm into bankruptcy.

6. maumann

maumann Well-Known Member

The Changing Racial and Ethnic Composition of the U.S. Electorate

There were 233 million eligible voters in 2018, according to Pew, and the percentage of white voters has been decreasing steadily since 2000. Any tally close to 150 million would result in a percentage of votes cast between 64 and 65 percent. That will break records for any Presidential election held since before women received the right to vote. And a Google search shows multiple stories as far back as 2018 expecting a record turnout for 2020, well before COVID or any of the other goofy stuff that has happened this year.

Somewhere in the neighborhood of 42 million votes (re: Washington Post) are already banked and more are being received every day. Barring a major weather event, Election Day will be crazy as well. As has been noted, there are no "undecideds" at this point. Trump's only chance is finding significantly more than the 62 million people who voted for him in 2016 to pull this off -- somewhere around 12-13 million, particularly in contested states rather than already on his ledger. And all evidence so far has been that he's hemorraging support rather than generating it.

7. Neutral Corner

I'm literally praying that Trump does not find a way to steal this election, because it would absolutely tear the country apart.

HanSenSE and maumann like this.
  8. wicked

wicked Well-Known Member

Nice QAnon dog whistle there.

HanSenSE, JakeandElwood and garrow like this.
  9. wicked

wicked Well-Known Member

Can CBS send a cease and desist re: the Stahl footage? If so do you not and just let the White House post it and know you’ll get even more eyeballs on Sunday night?

10. wicked

wicked Well-Known Member

First NBC gives Trump a town hall after he weaseled his way out of a debate, now it’s giving attention to a story that’s been pretty thoroughly debunked and has way too many holes in it.

maumann likes this.
  11. Neutral Corner

CBS could promote that interview at every message break from now until it airs and not get the sort of publicity that Trump is giving them for free.

12. Neutral Corner

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.