1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

President Trump: The NEW one and only politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Moderator1, Nov 12, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

If you don't think the Tom Cottons of the right are already jockeying to take the Trump mantle, featuring all the white nationalism (but more subtle and fewer tweets) you are kidding yourself.

Inky_Wretch likes this.
  2. ChrisLong

ChrisLong Well-Known Member

I'm trying to formulate my concise prediction on the outcome of the election, with reasonable facts that are simple to understand. I did this in 2016 and ended up being dead right, unfortunately. I haven't finished it yet.

Meanwhile, I might have gone a little overboard yesterday in a firefight with a Trumpist friend on Facebook. I bet him Biden would win and I spotted him 10 million votes. There was no mention of the Electoral College. We bet a beer. I'm sure of the outcome, but maybe 10 million was a shade too much. Maybe not.

3. Neutral Corner

Neutral Corner Well-Known Member

4. Neutral Corner

Neutral Corner Well-Known Member

So, anyone think that Trump will be able to control himself, stay on message, and do himself some good tonight?

/snicker. Riiiiight.

5. DanielSimpsonDay

DanielSimpsonDay Well-Known Member

it is a shame what the media has done to our president's discourse

6. Michael_ Gee

Michael_ Gee Well-Known Member

If we assume Nate Silver's estimate of 154 million votes cast is accurate, then Biden by 10 million votes equals 53.2 percent for him, which is certainly doable.

7. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

8. ChrisLong

ChrisLong Well-Known Member

Part of my thinking was, Hillary won the popular vote by 3 million last time. If there was going to be a popular vote winner this time, 10 million might not be too bad. But I was pissed at my friend at that point. Another factor is, Trump will not win unless he rigs the election. He and his people certainly seem capable. I mean, he has fucked up the post office, voting has become complicated. Long lines everywhere. And he "allegedly" had outside help last time.

9. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

Cotton has a good 30 years left to run for POTUS. As somebody who has watched him since he first ran for state office, that’s scary.

10. lakefront

lakefront Well-Known Member

He will have a new reality tv show. Trippin with the trumps, or something. They will all be on it, even the giant kid.

OscarMadison likes this.
  11. kickoff-time

kickoff-time Well-Known Member

12. Hermes

Hermes Well-Known Member

2muchcoffeeman likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.