1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

President Trump: The NEW one and only politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Moderator1, Nov 12, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Alma

Alma Well-Known Member

Biden was strongest and clearest on health care.

2. Smallpotatoes

Smallpotatoes Well-Known Member

I voted on Saturday. It wasn't going to make a difference for me.

3. Junkie

Junkie Well-Known Member

I do. He was winning on all three cards until he said he will “Phase out the oil industry.” That just cost Biden Texas, if Texas was actually in play. It’s going to cost him a few other votes in other states, too, and with a lot of states also very tight, a comment like that could be very harmful.

4. goalmouth

goalmouth Well-Known Member

Fucking sneering FATUS and his racist fuckheads will be kicked to the curb Nov. 3.

5. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

He should have phrased it better - brought up coal as an example of an energy source that is too labor intensive for businesses to profit from - let alone the environmental hazards. Shoot oil is still sub $3.00 out here (which is on the high end nationally). It makes no sense to invest in an energy source the rest of the world is transitioning away from.

6. Junkie

Junkie Well-Known Member

For sure. But what he did was create an undeniable soundbite with 12 days left.

7. Jake from State Farm

Jake from State Farm Well-Known Member

Kind of like when Trump said: “Good” about the children separated from their parents

heyabbott and HanSenSE like this.
  8. 3_Octave_Fart

3_Octave_Fart Well-Known Member

Were those the precise words?

9. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

Biden should lay out an ad about Trump abandoning all those coal miners who supported him. I realize they are into "closing arguments" and such and don't want to bring up specific issues - but I'm sure Biden would rather talk about energy policy than weird Trump conspiracy theories and fanfiction.

10. MTM

MTM Well-Known Member

Hate to defend Fatfuck, but he said “go ahead,” not good as the next question was about to be asked.

Jerry-atric likes this.
  11. Junkie

Junkie Well-Known Member

Nothing Trump says is creating a new soundbite. There’s already 1500 to choose from. What Biden said, whether he meant to say it or not, he’s going to do damage. He’s run a very clean campaign and I guarantee saying that was not in the game plan.

Neutral Corner likes this.
  12. HanSenSE

HanSenSE Well-Known Member

Trump is as much like Lincoln as Quayle was like JFK.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.