1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

President Trump: The NEW one and only politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Moderator1, Nov 12, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. goalmouth

goalmouth Well-Known Member

Even BLOWUS has her limits. LOL

2. Neutral Corner

Neutral Corner Well-Known Member

Look way down toward the bottom and you'll find Alabama - as usual. $12.59. We used to use EMT's as part time fill in nurses. I always thought firemen had it down, go work a 24 hour shift and that's most of your forty, right? Snort. Every EMT and fireman had several jobs. Full time fireman here, part time in the community down the road, and has a plumbing business on the side was typical.

3. 2muchcoffeeman

2muchcoffeeman Well-Known Member

Florida: even lower than Alabama.

4. Neutral Corner

Alabama's unofficial state motto is "Thank God for Mississippi."

maumann likes this.
  5. Starman

Starman Well-Known Member

Hmmmm. He's had ads touting his support for the military which used footage of Russian military forces.
    Now his ad meant to illustrate economic comebacks uses footage from Slovenia (a former USSR republic), then to show medical progress, a doctor from Russia.
    I seem to detect a trend here.

6. Jerry-atric

Jerry-atric Well-Known Member

That is a hoot!

7. Neutral Corner

From a Fareed Zacharia op-ed:

"As the New York Times’s Nate Cohn has said, Trump’s luck was that he ran against the second-most unpopular presidential candidate in modern American history (after him)."

HanSenSE likes this.
  8. 3_Octave_Fart

3_Octave_Fart Well-Known Member

Plonk.

9. wicked

wicked Well-Known Member

My Alabama experience is very limited — very enjoyable weeks down on the far outskirts of Gulf Shores many years and hurricanes ago — but I’ve never understood why many people there seem to be OK with subpar public services and with poor pay for public servants. Rising tides life all boats, and all that. My first memory after getting off the plane in Mobile is seeing a three-bedroom apartment rent for less than half of what we paid for a two-bedroom up here.

2muchcoffeeman likes this.
  10. champ_kind

champ_kind Well-Known Member

11. swingline

swingline Well-Known Member

I've wondered this for weeks or maybe months: When Trump speaks and finishes a thought (or whatever), it looks like he's grinding his right side molars together and it gives his face a snarling, feral look. Has anyone else noticed this, and what the fuck is going on with that? I noticed it multiple times in the *debate* last night.

12. tapintoamerica

tapintoamerica Well-Known Member

I thought she was still sick and wasn’t going to attend. But I’m glad she did. Great clip.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.