1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

President Trump: The NEW one and only politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Moderator1, Nov 12, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. heyabbott

heyabbott Well-Known Member

Rich Kotite’s Head Coaching career lasted longer than the confederacy. We need monuments to Rich lest he be forgotten.

cyclingwriter2 and wicked like this.
  2. Neutral Corner

Neutral Corner Well-Known Member

3. heyabbott

heyabbott Well-Known Member

Media should dig into the lawyer and his firm. Out him for being the lawyer for Russian oligarchs and Donald. Everyone has a right to hire an attorney. And everyone has a right to know who the backgrounds of despot’s lawyers

OscarMadison likes this.
  4. Woody Long

Woody Long Well-Known Member

I played in a golf outing on Monday, and then called my parents on the way home. I live in the Northeast. They live in the Carolinas. They told me their activity for the day was that they went to their dentist appointments and then went to vote. My dad told me he voted for Trump because "he moved the embassy to Jerusalem! He supports Israel! Biden isn't all there mentally! I don't like the people Biden surrounds himself with!" I yelled at him for ten minutes and then hung up. As Ron White says, "You can't fix stupid."

My brother and I both have sons under the age of four. If Trump is reelected, I'm afraid that that we won't see my parents in person again. I can't quarantine for two weeks to go visit them. They're too cheap to quarantine in a Marriott for two weeks to freely move about the Northeast.

What pisses me off is that that calculus never entered his mind.

Last edited: Oct 25, 2020
    gingerbread and TowelWaver like this.
  5. BTExpress

BTExpress Well-Known Member

You may not see your parents in person again because a whole lot of citizens are not behaving responsibly.

Those people not going to start behaving responsibly just because Biden is president. If anything, they'll harden their resistance to all things threatening "muh freedom."

6. garrow

garrow Well-Known Member

Trump: I am the law and order candidate! I am pro law enforcement.

(His Boogaloo bois torch police station and blame it Black people).

Trump making that Andrew Dice Clay voice: Yuhhhhiggggggybigggggggy!

7. goalmouth

goalmouth Well-Known Member

Not well-publicized that some dentists' offices have been turned into polling places.

Junkie, Woody Long and HanSenSE like this.
  8. wicked

wicked Well-Known Member

Trump privately tells donors it would be ‘very tough’ for GOP to hold Senate

Also, another sign of authoritarianism.

9. TigerVols

TigerVols Well-Known Member

OscarMadison likes this.
  10. BTExpress

So . . . since there is one week left, and 2016 had one fewer week all told, we can compare the numbers NOW. That gives 2016 and 2020 the same time period of voting.

And 2020 is "a couple of percentage points behind 2016."

Which means little truly "historic" is happening.

I know we're just dying to proclaim some massive wave under way that would capsize a fleet of SS Poseidons. Whatever.

Last edited: Oct 24, 2020
  11. 3_Octave_Fart

3_Octave_Fart Well-Known Member

U mad bro?

OscarMadison likes this.
  12. BTExpress

Heh. I haven't been mad since Peyton got screwed out of the Heisman, and I kicked a trash can across the newsroom. My give a damn has long busted.

OscarMadison likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.