1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Muh Muh Muh My Corona (virus)

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Twirling Time, Jan 21, 2020.

1. RickStain

RickStain Well-Known Member

I understand that this is blaming Billy for making Daddy mad when he’s drunk, but part of me wonders if this would have gone much better in the spring if Democrats hadn’t been so eager to use this against Trump.

At the time, a lot of it was his fault through negligence and the tearing down of the institutions designed to protect us. But anyone who has dealt with the modern Republican Party has to have seen it coming that if felt attacked they would double down and entrench.

2. 2muchcoffeeman

2muchcoffeeman Well-Known Member

3. TigerVols

TigerVols Well-Known Member

Meaning, you agree with my original point. Cool.

4. TigerVols

TigerVols Well-Known Member

There's no way they could have known any better, amirite @BTExpress?

5. BTExpress

BTExpress Well-Known Member

They absolutely should have known better, "tacit approval" from an orange guy in Washington notwithstanding.

Which has been my point all along.

6. Smallpotatoes

Smallpotatoes Well-Known Member

7. Neutral Corner

Neutral Corner Well-Known Member

So the Dems were supposed to quietly, gently coax the Republicans into following the most elementary of public health measures instead of loudly saying "Don't you idiots understand germs kill people, for the love of God?"

Baron Scicluna and OscarMadison like this.
  8. RickStain

RickStain Well-Known Member

The anti-health-measure thing came later. If there had been more “let’s fix this and worry about blame later” and less “oh ha ha, look at the stock market, this is the end of Trump,” then it might not have become so politicized.

And sure, it’s unfair to live in a country full of idiots who elected an idiot who has to be managed like that, but you play the hand you’re dealt.

9. BTExpress

I'm old enough to remember . . .

10. Neutral Corner

I'm sure it felt great to see Trump's pride and joy, the Dow, take a nosedive. I can't blame them for schadenfreude, but it's not a good look to be seen gloating about that.

These are not normal times, as if that were news.

11. Neutral Corner

I might add that it turns out that at least part of why the Dow took such a nosedive was Trump telling his buddies so they could make out by shorting the market. It wasn't just their incompetence with regard to Covid. When a bunch of insiders do that people notice and the run starts. I'm certain it happens anyhow, but that didn't help matters.

12. BTExpress

Anybody with a 401(k) passively bought a bunch of shares when the Dow was at 18K-19K. Easy peasy 50 percent return.

Draft saved Draft deleted