1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

President Trump: The NEW one and only politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Moderator1, Nov 12, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. tapintoamerica

tapintoamerica Well-Known Member

Expletive the Trafalgar Group, the Fox News of polling.

2. Starman

Starman Well-Known Member

It's also an extension of the GOP/libertarian/teabagger mind set that the government cannot accomplish anything positive, so its a waste of time to even try.

AKA, "I take no responsibility at all."

OscarMadison likes this.
  3. Spartan Squad

Spartan Squad Well-Known Member

This is a helluva swing between two low-rated pollsters

Screen Shot 2020-10-25 at 12.15.20 PM.png

4. Spartan Squad

Spartan Squad Well-Known Member

And this is interesting, albeit taken before the last debate (which this board was flipping out about Biden's oil comment, but I haven't really seen much made of it)

Screen Shot 2020-10-25 at 12.16.41 PM.png

5. Neutral Corner

Neutral Corner Well-Known Member

Matthew Dowd, who lives in Texas, commented this morning on This Week that there are actually more people in Texas employed in alternative energy related jobs now than there are in the Oil Patch.

6. RickStain

RickStain Well-Known Member

Texas is one of those where we just refuse to believe what the numbers are telling us.

Texas has been blue-ing rapidly demographically for years and the pace of that shift has accelerated even in the last four years.

Texas is home to a ton of those suburban voters that Trump drove out of the Republican Party and replaced with upper Midwest rural voters.

Analysts have said forever that Democrats had large seas of potential voters in Texas if they could ever get turnout up, and turnout looks on pace to absolutely smash recent years.

Biden is actually leading more recent polls than he’s losing there.

If you stripped away all context and asked me to analyze the situation, I would tell you Biden is probably winning Texas. But actually seeing a blue Texas on election night coverage seems unthinkable.

7. Neutral Corner

I'd love to see Trump lose Florida, NC, and Texas so I could hear his speech afterward.

Driftwood and OscarMadison like this.
  8. RickStain

RickStain Well-Known Member

Oh, and according to early voting totals, the youth vote is actually showing up. In Texas and elsewhere. The youth vote *never* actually shows up but this time it appears to be.

9. Moderator1

Moderator1 Moderator Staff Member

If Texas actually goes blue, maybe the pessimist inside me will be replaced with HAPPY AF OLD HACK!!

10. Neutral Corner

11. Neutral Corner

12. heyabbott

heyabbott Well-Known Member

If trump losses every state and the popular vote 187,000,000 to 14, Donald will declare victory

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.