1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

NFL Week 7: Generic QB number, generic thread title, generic team name

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by 2muchcoffeeman, Oct 21, 2020.

1. Songbird

Songbird Well-Known Member

Patriots have about 40 yards of total offense just before halftime, 49ers lead 23-3.

2. Michael_ Gee

Michael_ Gee Well-Known Member

Newton's been horrible, but the 49ers are just kicking the shit out of New England's defense.

3. Spartan Squad

Spartan Squad Well-Known Member

When Jimmy G doesn't try to throw the ball more than 10 yards, the Niners can't be stopped. Everything has been run or short dump offs and the Pats can't adjust. Cam has been just as bad. The best fix for a defense getting gashed is to control the ball and get points. Cam can't get a drive going. I wonder why he hasn't tried to take off. If there is one thing that has killed the Niners this year it's trying to contain a mobile quarterback.

4. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

Diontae Johnson dropped a touchdown pass late in the half, which forced the Steelers to settle for a field goal. That game shouldn't have been close, but the Steelers did just enough wrong and the Titans did a heck of a job battling back before Gostowski blew it.

Roethlisberger looked great early, but that last interception was a foolish throw. He should have tried to find something underneath or thrown it away to take the field goal.

I'm waiting to hear more about the injuries. Johnson left the game early. So did Robert Spillane, who filled in admirably for Devin Bush at inside linebacker.

Edit: I just read elsewhere that Spillane returned to the game during that final drive, so hopefully he is okay. He lacks the speed Bush brings to the defense, but he made some solid plays today.

Last edited: Oct 25, 2020
  5. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

The Raiders secondary is horrid.

6. TheSportsPredictor

TheSportsPredictor Well-Known Member

WTF, he just scored a TD???

7. Scout

Scout Well-Known Member

Herbert has tons of talent. Tons.

Touch... Arm... Accuracy... Acne... Fast...

8. Scout

Scout Well-Known Member

Still in the league was commented on RedZone.

9. Batman

Batman Well-Known Member

Defense is optional stats:
    The Cowboys are the first team since at least 2000 to give up at least 20 points in the first half in six consecutive games.
    The Jaguars are the third team in NFL history (1968 Broncos, 1984 Vikings) to allow 30 points or more in six consecutive games.

10. Batman

Batman Well-Known Member

Almost as amazing is that Kansas City is only his third team.

11. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

I just saw video of Jon Bostic's hit to Andy Dalton's head. That was just brutal.

12. exmediahack

exmediahack Well-Known Member

As Larry Fitzgerald hits 1,400 catches, I can only remember one. In the Super Bowl.

Draft saved Draft deleted