1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Muh Muh Muh My Corona (virus)

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Twirling Time, Jan 21, 2020.

1. Alma

Alma Well-Known Member

News in the school is for ghouls corner of the universe.

2. 2muchcoffeeman

2muchcoffeeman Well-Known Member

News from Russia:

3. Cosmo

Cosmo Well-Known Member

Honestly, great news, because business as we know it cannot go back to normal until elementary school aged kids are back in the classroom full time. It's really the only reason my office is still closed. A third of our staff has kids in grade school and simply can't leave them home alone all day. Middle and high school kids are different, obviously.

4. Mngwa

Mngwa Well-Known Member

In my district, the elementary schools are the fullest schools and they're the ones that have had the lease instances of quarantine. Our high schools are regularly having classes go out on the quarantine because people keep getting exposed. I'm assuming it's because the older kids are being less careful and doing less social distancing, but I don't know that for sure.

5. Alma

Alma Well-Known Member

grade school kids all over America are back in school. I’m gonna guess the lingering holdouts are Democratic strongholds where the teachers union holds sway.

6. 2muchcoffeeman

2muchcoffeeman Well-Known Member

Disagree. Business as we know it cannot go back to normal until there’s a vaccine.

OscarMadison likes this.
  7. SFIND

SFIND Well-Known Member

8. TigerVols

TigerVols Well-Known Member

The number had been 39.

[​IMG]

9. Cosmo

Cosmo Well-Known Member

We're on a hybrid thing here in blue Virginia. I think the kids go twice a week, and the parents basically hate it.

10. Cosmo

Cosmo Well-Known Member

Well, yes. You're correct. But we can't even entertain the thought of asking everyone to come back to the office until they're untethered from their grade school kids.

I'm actually going to start going to the office twice a week here to try to reacclimate myself to the commute/routine, etc.

11. Webster

Webster Well-Known Member

As the son and nephew of elementary school teachers in a Democratic stronghold who were members of teachers unions, it is perfectly reasonable for them to want to make sure that they don’t get sick until we know more about the disease.

In our town, we’ve had significant spread among HS students and very few reported positive tests for the levels below that.

12. 3_Octave_Fart

3_Octave_Fart Well-Known Member

We don't know what this does to people long term, or to children long term.

Draft saved Draft deleted