1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Muh Muh Muh My Corona (virus)

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Twirling Time, Jan 21, 2020.

1. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

OscarMadison likes this.
  2. swingline

swingline Well-Known Member

Only if they come with a dead bald eagle.

3. Alma

Alma Well-Known Member

It is reasonable. It’s also reasonable to suggest educating kids is worth the risk.

4. 3_Octave_Fart

3_Octave_Fart Well-Known Member

I like hearing from the people who are doing the homeschooling each day on top of their paid shifts.

It sucks every bit of ass like they say - but better than sending a kid to school because it's politically expedient to Trump.

5. tapintoamerica

tapintoamerica Well-Known Member

6. tapintoamerica

tapintoamerica Well-Known Member

It becomes harder to educate the kids if teachers object and decide to do something that won't expose them to such risks.

7. 2muchcoffeeman

2muchcoffeeman Well-Known Member

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

8. 2muchcoffeeman

2muchcoffeeman Well-Known Member

The way the energy economy is trending, lumps of coal as Christmas no-prizes are already more economically viable than coal as a source of energy.

HanSenSE likes this.
  9. Alma

Alma Well-Known Member

It does, yes. And it's going to have the kind of ripple effects that some teacher's unions, in the moment, either don't understand or care about.

10. Driftwood

Driftwood Well-Known Member

I can tell you for a fact, since mid March, I have been working harder than I have in years. My content hasn't changed. I've just had to come up with a new delivery. It's like being a first year teacher again ... on steroids.
    That having been said, because I can read the tides and can see past the end of my nose, I am setting myself up for a pretty skate next couple of years. I am putting in the work now so that when January rolls around, I can essentially click a couple of buttons and say, "There you go."

11. 3_Octave_Fart

3_Octave_Fart Well-Known Member

I have great admiration for the teachers who are making an unworkable situation work, and suspect they're expanding their skill sets in this as well.

Which is a good thing, not a bad thing.

12. doctorquant

doctorquant Well-Known Member

I hope it works out for you. I can tell you that all it takes is one or two PITA types to make all that up-front work be for shit.

Draft saved Draft deleted