1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

President Trump: The NEW one and only politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Moderator1, Nov 12, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Regan MacNeil

Regan MacNeil Well-Known Member

I love how Alma only expects one side to abide by whatever rigid moral code of governing he feels is necessary.

Fuck that. I’m tired of Dems adhering to Marquis of Queensbury rules during a knife fight.

2. Baron Scicluna

Baron Scicluna Well-Known Member

Why would expanding the court be something else when Republicans already were fine with reducing the court, especially if Hillary won?

2muchcoffeeman likes this.
  3. Slacker

Slacker Well-Known Member

"Hijacked."

4. Jerry-atric

Jerry-atric Well-Known Member

At first I believed you were discussing legendary baseball “fireman” Dan Quisenberry.

Can you imagine!

I must be bleary eyed from all of the election “coverage.”

5. sgreenwell

sgreenwell Well-Known Member

Meanwhile, while Trump and Pence are doing their thing, Kamala Harris was on The View and is getting what looks like the soft, loving embrace of an MSNBC podcast about her. Again, Trump's biggest issue from 2016 to 2020 has been losing the support of women, and they don't really have an answer for it outside of preening about making the suburbs safe. Do they even have a prominent campaign figure that's mildly appealing to women? They sent out the head of the RNC, Ronna McDaniel, to some Sunday shows, at which point she refused to condemn Q-Anon.

6. wicked

wicked Well-Known Member

Ronna McDaniel is about as cuddly as a porcupine. Same for Kellyanne Conway and Sarah Huckabee.

Twirling Time and sgreenwell like this.
  7. TowelWaver

TowelWaver Well-Known Member

In fact, I would argue it’s what led us exactly to this point.

8. cyclingwriter2

cyclingwriter2 Well-Known Member

It’s almost as if he wants to single-handedly make “Tennessee man” a thing.

9. TigerVols

TigerVols Well-Known Member

Exactly.
    Since the days of Lee Atwater, Republicans have brought a bazooka to every knife fight and Democrats bring a spork.

10. BitterYoungMatador2

BitterYoungMatador2 Well-Known Member

Well, Clinton tried to be battle republicans by being more conservative than them so it makes sense that the GOP would assume everyone is still a cowardly pant load.

11. 3_Octave_Fart

3_Octave_Fart Well-Known Member

Dem fatalism is even more tired than Alma's concern-trolling.

TowelWaver and 2muchcoffeeman like this.
  12. wicked

wicked Well-Known Member

It also has to do with the personalities involved. Democrats are more willing to compromise. They're willing to not keep everything for themselves, unlike the McConnells and Trumps and the other grifters, who treat every opportunity as though it's an all-you-can-consume buffet.

TowelWaver likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.