1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

President Trump: The NEW one and only politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Moderator1, Nov 12, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Michael_ Gee

Michael_ Gee Well-Known Member

When she appeared on that balcony with him, she was campaigning for him. Full stop. She could have said, as I believe even Kavanaugh anf Gorsuch would have, "Mr. President, that would be inappropriate." But she didn't. She's a religious cultist and a party hack. If Biden wins and the Democrats take the Senate, I hope she enjoys her dissents.

2. 3_Octave_Fart

3_Octave_Fart Well-Known Member

As Bill Kristol said, a court ceremony would have been the right touch for the country right now. Not that these things are granted any consideration.

The investiture (my understanding) is supposed to be a heartwarming and even solemn occasion. Not a third-rate TV production from a gameshow host.

wicked and Webster like this.
  3. Smallpotatoes

Smallpotatoes Well-Known Member

4. champ_kind

champ_kind Well-Known Member

Something tells me Kavanaugh wouldn't have a problem with it

Fred siegle likes this.
  5. DanielSimpsonDay

DanielSimpsonDay Well-Known Member

would beer be served

6. Driftwood

Driftwood Well-Known Member

Anyone interested in a pool as to the date Kavanaugh flashes his dick at her in the SCOTUS gym?

I'll take this Friday.

7. DanielSimpsonDay

DanielSimpsonDay Well-Known Member

bare it get it hey where are you going

8. wicked

wicked Well-Known Member

Isn't Kavanaugh a "Catholic," too? I would love to see a scandal where the two of them are caught in a bathroom stall and other Republicans are out there asking us to not talk about it "for the sake of their families."

9. heyabbott

heyabbott Well-Known Member

Oh and Clarence Thomas is the singular most dense idiot in legal history. He seems to be completely unaware that his nomination was a prank on liberals. He was appointed as an object lesson in affirmative action run amuck. Totally unqualified intellectually and temperamentally to be a justice, a bully because he never was competent in his job. And everyone knows he was a pig at work. He just seems to think he’s a smart man. I guess the jokes on us. Kavanuagh is also another judge whose achievement exceeds his ability. If Thomas is the classic affirmative action employee, kavanaugh is the classic privilege little bitch. A resume of connections not serious accomplishments. Republicans are just power hungry, and they are good at it.

there’s a line in Charlie Wilson’s War where Wilson says his constituents want their guns and don’t want taxes, that’s it. So he can whatever he wants. That’s the republican platform, plus anti-abortion. Republicans don’t have to deliver anything, so their elected officials can steal and grift all the live long day.

10. Starman

Starman Well-Known Member

She's a reactionary right wing "traditionalist" Catholic, of the ilk which rejects the validity of Vatican II, as well as the authority of the current Pope.

Over the huge majority of the history of Catholicism, taking such positions would have resulted in prompt excommunication.

11. garrow

garrow Well-Known Member

This isn't a matter of policy differences. The Trump Administration is a damned menace.

12. Webster

Webster Well-Known Member

Thomas was a never was who was put in charge of the EEOC because he was black and connected to Danforth. He did nothing there (but ironically engage in sexual harassment), got put on the DC Circuit despite having no real qualifications, had a cup of coffee writing no opinions of note and quickly was elevated to the Supreme Court to replace the black guy because opposing him would be racist. Barrett is similar in the sense of opposing her would be sexist, but she at least is a respected legal scholar.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.