1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

President Trump: The NEW one and only politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Moderator1, Nov 12, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. sgreenwell

sgreenwell Well-Known Member

how embarrassing for the media

(helping you out, since you can't respond with it to your own post :)

Fred siegle, garrow, HanSenSE and 5 others like this.
  2. Driftwood

Driftwood Well-Known Member

I can't for the life of me figure why any city doesn't just tell them no when they say Trump is coming and request local services.
    Any off duty personnel who want to work, that's your choice. Whether or not you are compensated is between you and the person who contracted you. If anything goes wrong, you will not receive any local backing because it happened on your own time and outside the duties of your job.

swingline and OscarMadison like this.
  3. Gutter

Gutter Well-Known Member

Milwaukee did last week. They wanted to have a rally at Mitchell Airport and were denied. Therefore they had to go to their GOP safe space of Waukesha and its GA airport, 25 miles west.

OscarMadison likes this.
  4. DanielSimpsonDay

DanielSimpsonDay Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

5. MileHigh

MileHigh Moderator Staff Member

Nevada said no. So he's going to Bullhead City today, just across the river from Laughlin.

6. Splendid Splinter

Splendid Splinter Well-Known Member

With less than a week left, how are you guys and gals feeling about the election next Tuesday?

I'm a bit nervous myself, but I still believe that Biden takes it.

OscarMadison and TowelWaver like this.
  7. TigerVols

TigerVols Well-Known Member

The only reason they got hypothermia was because they tested for it.

8. sgreenwell

sgreenwell Well-Known Member

Like, about 99 percent confident? I think my main worry is that Biden might not have enough obvious EC votes on Election Night, which means X more days of hand-wringing about mail-in ballots, vote counting, court challenges and so on. If it's truly a rout, then we don't have to deal with that bullshit - I doubt the Republican Party is going to put up a huge stink to claim that Biden "only" got 390 EC votes, instead of 400. (I do think any close Senate race is going to be a fucking nightmare though.)

9. heyabbott

heyabbott Well-Known Member

It’s Trump’s to lose. Have the same feeling I had a few days before the 2016 election. Trump proves every intellectual half correct. Intellectuals have always hated the term American Exceptionalism. Trump shows it’s half true, Americans are exceptionally ignorant.

conservative and Christians would burn their Own apartment building if they thought enough blacks, brown, Jews and feminists would get hurt.

OscarMadison likes this.
  10. Neutral Corner

Neutral Corner Well-Known Member

Don't tell them no. Tell them the city has observed the pattern he's shown in the past and he has to pay cash to rent the hall in advance and the city also wants cash on the barrel head or there will be no services at the event site they rented. C.O.D., baby.

"Fuck you, pay me."

Last edited: Oct 28, 2020
  11. Cosmo

Cosmo Well-Known Member

Don't have the time to dig up the post from this time in 2016, but I basically said, "he's gonna win." Hillary's lead was slipping exponentially in polls, and she was never up that big to begin with. The Comey Letter was out. It was ripe for someone who was on the fence to jump to Trump and say, 'what can it hurt?'

We've seen what it can hurt. And the amount of undecideds is close to nil at this point, and there is absolutely zero momentum for Jorgenson (the Libertarian) or whoever the hell the Green Party has put up this year.

I do think Biden is going to win. I do think it's going to be a lot closer than people are saying. I don't see a landslide. Probably closer to 300 EVs for Biden than 350. But I do believe the country has seen enough, especially when it comes to how this pandemic has wrecked peoples' lives.

HanSenSE and Driftwood like this.
  12. TigerVols

TigerVols Well-Known Member

The tightening race in Pennsylvania and the low Latino early turnout in Dade County has to make the Biden Campaign scared.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.