1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

President Trump: The NEW one and only politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Moderator1, Nov 12, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. TowelWaver

TowelWaver Well-Known Member

It's the perfect microcosm of the whole campaign.

garrow and bigpern23 like this.
  2. poindexter

poindexter Well-Known Member

Fuck 'em

HanSenSE and heyabbott like this.
  3. The Big Ragu

The Big Ragu Moderator Staff Member

Will the idiots still vote for him?

OscarMadison likes this.
  4. MTM

MTM Well-Known Member

The cult is brainwashed. This is a post from a very bright young, female Realtor that I know. It was in response to a Trump "fake news' post stating: ALL THE FAKE NEWS MEDIA WANTS TO TALK ABOUT IS COVID, COVID, COVID. ON NOVEMBER 4th, YOU WON’T BE HEARING SO MUCH ABOUT IT ANYMORE. WE ARE ROUNDING THE TURN!!!

This gives me hope and excitement for the rest of 2020!!! This “pandemic” has been a big scam, and has ruined so many aspects of our day to day lives. Just hoping it’s not too late to recover!!
    Oh and if politicians cared about lives then tell me why tobacco and alcohol are still legal? They kill more per year than any “China virus” ever will!! 568,000 related deaths in 2019 alone!!!!! *sourced right from the CDC website*

I want to tell her that people choose alcohol and tobacco and while there are some innocent victims, they mostly kill themselves but I'm not diving into that muck.

5. TowelWaver

I think they'll find a way to double down on their support, no matter how little sense it makes.

OscarMadison likes this.
  6. Splendid Splinter

Splendid Splinter Well-Known Member

It's obviously the Dems who made sure the buses would not be there.

7. TowelWaver

Masterminded by Hunter Biden (and George Soros too).

8. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

One thing that does make me feel better about things is the large turnout for early voting in so many places. The lines suck, but more people voting is a good thing. I went Monday. I've never really had to wait long to vote, but this time it was nearly two hours, but I'm glad I got it done early. We all have the added risk of COVID. I don't just mean the possibility of being infected while we go to vote. What about people getting stuck in quarantine and not being able to go to the polls?

OscarMadison and TowelWaver like this.
  9. wicked

wicked Well-Known Member

The Realtors around here are doing insane business. We went to an open house about six weeks ago for something that was listed just north of $300k (cheap for here). We showed up 10 minutes before the start and we were probably eighth in line. We made an offer, but so did 25 other people.

OscarMadison likes this.
  10. swingline

swingline Well-Known Member

Well, they're idiots, so ...

11. Alma

Alma Well-Known Member

The pandemic is not a scam. It's real and happening.

But when Biden wins, and he will, and comes up with some kind of national plan, which he will, the media noise will die down. Considerably. That public health professor "expert" at Random State won't so easily crap-talk Biden. Plus, with the Democrats in charge, there's always a "hey shut up asshole, our side's in charge" quality to things.

It'll be good for our country. I'm personally looking forward to it.

Last edited: Oct 28, 2020
  12. bigpern23

bigpern23 Well-Known Member

Same here. I think we're in the same general region (I suspect we may know each other outside the board) and last year we put in an offer on an investment property in our neighborhood. A total teardown that we offered $25K over asking price and we came up like $50K short of the winning offer.

I keep telling my wife the bubble is going to burst and prices are going to crater, but it just isn't happening. If anything, COVID has driven up prices in our area because people are fleeing Boston and NYC now that they're able to work remotely.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.