1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

President Trump: The NEW one and only politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Moderator1, Nov 12, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. HanSenSE

HanSenSE Well-Known Member

He didn't sound too good from what clips I saw from the Omaha circle jerk

2. garrow

garrow Well-Known Member

And now you know the suppression of the story.

[​IMG]

3. Alma

Alma Well-Known Member

Well, whatever he does, he'll say the same shit over and over instead of musing and pontificating and joking and wondering and all the other dumb stuff Trump has done.

Whether everything is "fine" or not, we'll see. But a large part of media and Twitter is gonna tell you everything's fine because Biden's in charge.

4. Michael_ Gee

Michael_ Gee Well-Known Member

It's real simple. Biden will at least TRY to use the resources of the federal government to contain the virus. As the Post printed today, Trump wouldn't even use those resources to protect himself and the White House. A vote for Trump is a vote to increase one's own chances of illness and subsequent death.

OscarMadison likes this.
  5. DanielSimpsonDay

DanielSimpsonDay Well-Known Member

6. sgreenwell

sgreenwell Well-Known Member

Which is different from now because...? If you want "media" outlets or Twitter accounts that'll tell you that Trump is doing well, they're not hard to find. I mean, I'm not under some illusion that when Biden takes the oath, the Covid-19 problem goes away, but I do have faith he'll at least do things like have a proper transition team and staffers ready to go for various government agencies.

Baron Scicluna likes this.
  7. DanielSimpsonDay

DanielSimpsonDay Well-Known Member

point: the media

counterpoint: yes, but the media

8. Cosmo

Cosmo Well-Known Member

Trump purposefully removed scientists from key, uh, science positions and replaced them with yes men who were loyal to Trump, and not the American people. I do have confidence that Biden will at least allow the scientists to do their thing so we can start moving in the right direction.

9. RickStain

RickStain Well-Known Member

*pushes up glasses* Akshually, we're a *republic*

maumann and Woody Long like this.
  10. 2muchcoffeeman

2muchcoffeeman Well-Known Member

Hey, Marsha … you’re an asshole.

11. heyabbott

heyabbott Well-Known Member

12. Azrael

Azrael Well-Known Member

Thread Status: