1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

President Trump: The NEW one and only politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Moderator1, Nov 12, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. kickoff-time

kickoff-time Well-Known Member

Probably hard to gauge this but I wonder how many of the people of voting age that peacefully marched and protested (not the anarchists) this summer will vote. I have no statistical evidence but I'm guessing it's not as many as those who railed against them.

2. champ_kind

champ_kind Well-Known Member

I don't see why they wouldn't; it takes roughly the same amount of effort

3. 3_Octave_Fart

3_Octave_Fart Well-Known Member

4. JayFarrar

JayFarrar Well-Known Member

My biggest fear on election night is that the networks will hype Trump's chances of winning late into the night and ignore what is very most likely to be a Biden landslide.

Partly because they want to avoid a 2016 do-over, or a 2000 do-over but also because drama means eyeballs and Biden putting the election away early isn't very dramatic.

These, per Cook, are lean Democratic: Arizona, Michigan, Minnesota, Wisconsin, Pennsylvania, Arizona, Nevada and New Hampshire.

Texas is a toss-up!

The idea of a nail-biter election seems less likely by the day.

RickStain and 2muchcoffeeman like this.
  5. DanielSimpsonDay

DanielSimpsonDay Well-Known Member

the media

6. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

I still haven't figured out how the national margin is only five points or so, given the big leads of Biden in the most populous states - even red big states like Texas and Georgia aren't leaning in Trump's direction enough to make up the 20 something Biden edge in CA, NY and Illinois. Indiana is definitely going Trump, but it's only 16th in population.

7. 3_Octave_Fart

3_Octave_Fart Well-Known Member

With conviction, Mr. La Russo!

You've got to say it with the sneering curled lip. Like Bucktoofed Eric, for example.

8. TigerVols

TigerVols Well-Known Member

Speaking of election night...Axe has some insight:

9. Della9250

Della9250 Well-Known Member

10. 2muchcoffeeman

2muchcoffeeman Well-Known Member

This thing is over.

11. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

I'm in New York. Yes, we have the option of mail-in voting. I prefer in-person voting. There are far fewer polling locations open for early voting, so maybe the lines will be a lot shorter on election day. I just felt better getting it done sooner rather than later.

12. TowelWaver

TowelWaver Well-Known Member

Thanks for the heads-up on this. I know people that have voted drive-thru in Harris County and shared.

sgreenwell and Cosmo like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.