1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

President Trump: The NEW one and only politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Moderator1, Nov 12, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. RickStain

RickStain Well-Known Member

everyone is fighting the last war, no one wants to feel like a dummy like we did in 2016

the objective data is all screaming easy Biden win. 400 votes is not unthinkable. He looks like he might be fringe competitive in *montana*

but I am still half-convinced Trump will win

2. Baron Scicluna

Baron Scicluna Well-Known Member

OK, who had Miles Taylor in the Anonymous betting pool?

3. Jerry-atric

Jerry-atric Well-Known Member

It seems weird and “disconcerting” that very, very pro-Trump polls pop up from time to time.

4. Baron Scicluna

Baron Scicluna Well-Known Member

Where I live, the closest early-voting place is a 20-minute drive from my house. My Election Day polling place is a 2 minute drive, maybe 3 if the traffic light is red. I'll probably save time by voting close to home.

Plus, I kinda like the feeling of being involved in a communal experience by voting on Election Day. Makes it seem a little more special. It's just me.

5. RickStain

RickStain Well-Known Member

Statistically, it would be weird if you didn’t get a few weird polls when so many of them are being run. It’s not like Biden is really going to win Wisconsin by 17 either

6. Jerry-atric

Jerry-atric Well-Known Member

My head says you are correct. My worried heart always says, “But maybe the ‘Drumpf’ poll is actually the correct one ...”

It is 2016 PTSD!

7. Della9250

Della9250 Well-Known Member

You don't say

8. kickoff-time

kickoff-time Well-Known Member

I understand that. It's going to be weird having to work a virtual general election. To me that is always one of the best nights in the newsroom even though I work in sports. Free food helps.

Baron Scicluna likes this.
  9. wicked

wicked Well-Known Member

Ok, we’ve seen this alluded to a bunch. I know everyone under the sun signed non-disclosures, but are you telling me this is the only guy who’s saying this on the record? Edit: I didn’t check to see if he’s legit re: working on the show.

This is what would hurt him most with the MAGA set, to see that their invincible dear leader shits himself regularly and doesn’t know what day of the week it is.

Last edited: Oct 28, 2020
  10. 3_Octave_Fart

3_Octave_Fart Well-Known Member

I've never seen anyone defend Graham on fora or social media since this misadventure started.

11. 3_Octave_Fart

3_Octave_Fart Well-Known Member

Miles Taylor feels like the dude at the beginning of Real World New Orleans who keeps telling everyone he's gay.
    We get it, dude. We all can't stand him. Now let's get back to work.

12. heyabbott

heyabbott Well-Known Member

Apparently this guy did work on the show and said a bunch of this stuff in his stand up routine.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.